Attention! Please make a backup copy of your existing cutenews folder before downloading or upgrading to the new version.
- If you upgrade from Cutenews 1.5.0b, 1.5.1, 1.5.2 to 1.5.3, please while copying files from zip do not copy cdata. It deletes your previous data.
Installation variants for the version:
Upgrading v1.3.6 to v1.4.0
Please make a backup copy of your existing CuteNews folder and data before proceeding with the upgrade.
- Rename your existing folder where CuteNews is installed
- Upload the content of CuteNews.1.4.0.zip to folder with the same name as your previous CuteNews installation
- Do NOT go through the CuteNews 1.4.0 installation procedures!!!
- Copy and overwrite the ./data folder from your old CuteNews.
- CHMOD the files and folders with proper permissions as usual.
- Login to the updated CuteNews and go to CuteNews > Options > System Configuration. Check all the new settings and change them if needed. Save the settings ( you should do it even if you haven’t made any changes)
Note: because of the update some of the settings will be reset so please check all settings and be careful with what you activate/deactivate!
- Go to CuteNews > Help/About to confirm that you have successfully upgraded to the latest version