Topic: Wishes for future versions of CuteNews
While using CuteNews for quite a long time, I've been cooking up some wishes for future versions. I've been following the forum for a while, and I know some of my wishes has been discussed several times... Here's my two cents though.
* MySQL support (for those who wants it) along with the existing file storage. I've read a lot of posts regarding this topic, mostly concluding that MySQL will not be released in the nearest future. For security reasons MySQL has a major advantage compared to file storage. My existing CuteNews installation got hacked a couple of months ago, and as far as I can see, it can happen again. Further more, writing plug-ins and collecting data from MySQL will be easier, at least for my self, as my SQL knowledge reaches far, far beyond my PHP knowledge.
* Advanced categorizing. Ability to show all news, disregarding categories, i.e. on a front page.
Example: I have three categories, "1", "2" and "3" in my CuteNews installation. With ie.
> I want to show latest X news (or all) from both "1", "2" and "3".
* Built-in auto-archive (if wanted), i.e. per month. Enable / disable through the system configurations. Perhaps even selectable for each category.
* Ability to show X latest comments, even if the commented post is not displayed on the front page.
* Use a permalink feature to make shorter and more sexy URL's.
* Possibly a spam filter for the comment function.
* RSS support, not just only for 0.91. Perhaps even Atom? How about separating news and comments in two separate feeds?
* A search function?