1 (edited by 2012-04-20 14:40:28)

Topic: Unable to login after duplicating cutenews

I will explain what I did and hopefully you guys will figure out what went wrong.

I wanted to duplicate my cutenews site and make another one with the same users, templates and so forth. So i simply duplicated the cutenews folder on the server. When I tried to login into the new folder it said username and password was incorrect. I figured I had to install a fresh install and the migrate the content in some way instead, so I deleted the duplicate and did just that but and was able to login into my new install but then I couldn't login into the original install. Figured that installing the fresh install could've done something to the old one, so I went back to the start, deleting the new install and so I only have the original.

But I still can't login!

What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: might add that I am using UTF-8 Cutenews 9.0.1

Re: Unable to login after duplicating cutenews

try deleting your cookies for the domain where you installed CN.
old install might be using the cookie from the new install.
COuld be a session problem aswell. But in that case you'dd probably need to use different browsers to be logged in simultaniously in the 2 installations.
Or explicitly logout of one of th installations yourself by clicking the 'logout' link might work too.

3 (edited by 2012-05-04 09:48:35)

try deleting your cookies for the domain where you installed CN.
old install might be using the cookie from the new install.
COuld be a session problem aswell. But in that case you'dd probably need to use different browsers to be logged in simultaniously in the 2 installations.
Or explicitly logout of one of th installations yourself by clicking the 'logout' link might work too.

I've deleted cache, cookies, rebooted, tried different browsers, and tried getting a new password several times. Still can't login. I'm guessing a fresh install is the only way. How would I go about migrating the content like categories, news and templates to a new install?

you could just upload a empty data/users.db.php
and upload the inc/install.inc file
that should trigger it.

you could just upload a empty data/users.db.php
and upload the inc/install.inc file
that should trigger it.

That seemed to do it! Thank you so much!!

I guess I'll be safe duplicating the first install and then login in another browser then?