Topic: Layout Problem

Hi,

I am having trouble trying to layout the way the news posts are arranged.

Firstly, my page layout has a 5 divs, header, content(left, center and right) and footer.

I want to add cutenews to the center content, so I add php include and that works fine.

But then, I want to add more php includes and it starts to get messy. I click on a link, and other templates are still showing on the page, instead of the link I clicked on. I have tried $static="true", and that does not seem to work, I attach a picture of what I would like it to look like.

http://s15.postimage.org/52n7k0bvv/layout.png

Is it even possible for this layout to work ?

Thanks

2 (edited by 2012-05-22 09:40:29)

Re: Layout Problem

Dear User!

Please try using the "multiply includes":

To include the blocks from the down of the page (red) please use the following code:

<?php $category = "3"; $number = 1; $static = true; $template = '<pattern1>'; include ('show_news.php'); ?>
        <?php $category = "4"; $number = 1; $static = true; $template = '<pattern1>'; include ('show_news.php'); ?>
        <?php $category = "8"; $number = 1; $static = true; $template = '<pattern1>'; include ('show_news.php'); ?>

For blue blocks:

<?php $category = "2"; $number = 4; $static = true; $template = '<pattern2>'; include ('show_news.php'); ?>

Main block:

<?php $number = "КОЛИЧЕСТВО НОВОСТЕЙ"; $template = '<pattern3>'; include ('show_news.php'); ?>

Right on the top (Recent Posts):

<?php $number = 8; $static = true; $template = 'Headlines (or your own <pattern4>)'; include ('show_news.php'); ?>
Best regards,
CN Support team

3 (edited by 2012-05-23 01:21:23)

Have you considered using $PHP_SELF (you can look it up in the FAQ, there is a topic about the parameters you can use) and using a diffrent page for the full storys.

Have you considered using $PHP_SELF (you can look it up in the FAQ, there is a topic about the parameters you can use) and using a diffrent page for the full storys.

I find it a little hard to understand how that works, only new to this.

Dear User!

Please try using the "multiply includes":

To include the blocks from the down of the page (red) please use the following code:

<?php $category = "3"; $number = 1; $static = true; $template = '<pattern1>'; include ('show_news.php'); ?>
        <?php $category = "4"; $number = 1; $static = true; $template = '<pattern1>'; include ('show_news.php'); ?>
        <?php $category = "8"; $number = 1; $static = true; $template = '<pattern1>'; include ('show_news.php'); ?>

For blue blocks:

<?php $category = "2"; $number = 4; $static = true; $template = '<pattern2>'; include ('show_news.php'); ?>

Main block:

<?php $number = "КОЛИЧЕСТВО НОВОСТЕЙ"; $template = '<pattern3>'; include ('show_news.php'); ?>

Right on the top (Recent Posts):

<?php $number = 8; $static = true; $template = 'Headlines (or your own <pattern4>)'; include ('show_news.php'); ?>

This code does not solve the problem fully, I wanted a certain category as the Main block, instead of a list of all news, even with this code, clicking on a story link from any category still messes up the page with bits of the other categories being placed in different positions.