1 (edited by 2012-06-21 17:21:55)

Topic: Errors with include() on Cutenews

Site: http://www.kingslynnstars.e-fans.net
Cutenews version: 8b (lKj's)

I'm not sure if this is a problem directly with the Cutenews coding itself, or if it's another problem that's arisen due to my hosting server having had some recent changes made to it. I did contact my server admin recently about a previous error I posted about on here, and yesterday I think some changes were made to the server, and now it seems to have made things worse, as no Cutenews content seems to be able to load on to any of my sites pages where I'd placed a Cutenews include code.

Errors I've written in bold as they appeared on my site and the line content from each page I've placed beneath in a code box. (Please note I have now removed all the Cutenews content from my site until this problem is resolved.)

Warning: include(/homethree/starsfan/public_html/cutenews/show_news.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/starsfan/public_html/index.php on line 41
Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/homethree/starsfan/public_html/cutenews/show_news.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/starsfan/public_html/index.php on line 41

Line 41 on index.php

include("/homethree/starsfan/public_html/cutenews/show_news.php");

Warning: include(/homethree/starsfan/public_html/cutenews/show_archives.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/starsfan/public_html/newsarchives.php on line 6
Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/homethree/starsfan/public_html/cutenews/show_archives.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/starsfan/public_html/newsarchives.php on line 6

Line 6 on newsarchives.php

include("/homethree/starsfan/public_html/cutenews/show_archives.php");

Warning: include(/homethree/starsfan/public_html/cutenews/show_news.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/starsfan/public_html/generalnews.php on line 8
Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/homethree/starsfan/public_html/cutenews/show_news.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/starsfan/public_html/generalnews.php on line 8

Line 8 on generalnews.php

Warning: include(/homethree/starsfan/public_html/cutenews/show_news.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/starsfan/public_html/homeawaynews.php on line 8
Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/homethree/starsfan/public_html/cutenews/show_news.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/starsfan/public_html/homeawaynews.php on line 8

Line 8 on homeawaynews.php

Warning: include(/homethree/starsfan/public_html/cutenews/show_news.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/starsfan/public_html/matchreports.php on line 8
Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/homethree/starsfan/public_html/cutenews/show_news.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/starsfan/public_html/matchreports.php on line 8

Line 8 on matchreports.php

Warning: include(/homethree/starsfan/public_html/cutenews/show_news.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/starsfan/public_html/individualsharednews.php on line 8
Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/homethree/starsfan/public_html/cutenews/show_news.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/starsfan/public_html/individualsharednews.php on line 8

Line 8 on individualsharednews.php

Warning: include(/homethree/starsfan/public_html/cutenews/show_news.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/starsfan/public_html/internationalguestothernews.php on line 8
Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/homethree/starsfan/public_html/cutenews/show_news.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/starsfan/public_html/internationalguestothernews.php on line 8

Line 8 on internatioanlguestothernews.php

Warning: include(/homethree/starsfan/public_html/cutenews/show_news.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/starsfan/public_html/recentnews.php on line 8
Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/homethree/starsfan/public_html/cutenews/show_news.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/starsfan/public_html/recentnews.php on line 8

Line 8 on recentnews.php

I can still access the main Cutenews page on my site and add and edit news on there, but as I say, none of the content I've added to Cutenews will now show on any of those pages. From what I can see, nothing from my Cutenews section is missing. All files and folders are there, so what is going on?! I have emailed my server admin already just in case it is a problem their end and not with Cutenews' coding, but any help or advice would be appreciated.

2 (edited by 2012-06-22 09:16:51)

Re: Errors with include() on Cutenews

The most obvious reason is that your host has moved your site to a new server or renamed the server
The absolute address is no longer
/homethree/starsfan/public_html

It seems to be
/home/starsfan/public_html

To check create a file called
phpinfo.php

In it put:

<?

echo "version is: [b]".phpversion()."[/b]
n";;

echo "Lots of info: 
n";

phpinfo();

?>

Upload it to your webspace and call it using:
www.linktoyoursite.phpinfo.php

Look for the absolute address of your site returned in _ENV["SCRIPT_FILENAME"]

Edit: Delete the phpinfo.php file as soon as you have used it as it is a security risk!

Re: Errors with include() on Cutenews

S'alright now! You were right. The site had been moved to another server. I was just advised to change the include target to "cutenews/shows_news.php" etc and that's worked. Thanks for replying anyway.