Topic: Short Story

I am running Cutenews 1.5.3, and am using the sample code to include the latest news item on the front page of my website, which it does very well.  However where the short story is only 3/4 lines long there is a lot of white space below the Short Story text.  There will not always enough text to fill the available space.  Can anybody suggest where in the options or code the  parameters are set to define the size of the Short Story window.

Thanks in advance

Re: Short Story

Use short-story only for showing the short text and fullstory - for a full story. This is the main issue for this mechanism.

Best regards,
CN Support team

This is exactly how I am using it and it works well.  My only question was that the short story text window is greater than the amount of text I want to put into it.  I could fill the window but that would be overkill for the articles that get created by users.  As a result we get a 20 line window with three lines of text in it.  I was wondering if there was a user settable parameter or code variable that I could change to alter the size of the window.

The size of the window can be found in the template for the ckeditor
skins>base_skin>index_cke.tpl

The parameters are passed to ckeditor in:

var settings =
         {
             skin: 'v2',
             width: 680,
             height: 350,

There is also a setting above:

<td align="right" valign="top">
 Short Story</td>
         <td> <textarea style="width: 680px;" rows="12" cols="74" id="short_story" name="short_story" tabindex=4>{$short_story}</textarea> </td>

Which ckeditor seems to ignore.

Thanks for this info Damoor, unfortunately in 1.5.3 CKEditor doesn't appear to have a file "ckeditor skins>base_skin>index_cke.tpl"  I've looked in the directories but can't find this file.

Thanks for this info Damoor, unfortunately in 1.5.3 CKEditor doesn't appear to have a file "ckeditor skins>base_skin>index_cke.tpl"  I've looked in the directories but can't find this file.

The template is in addnews and editnews/editnews

i.e. skins>base_skin>addnews>index_cke.tpl