1 (edited by 2014-02-02 16:47:13)

Topic: CuteNews 2.0 Variable for templates not working

Hello,

There are currently some problems with the variable used in the templates for CuteNews 2.0.

In comments template, the {day}, {since}, {hours}, {minutes} and {year} isn't showing up.

Additionally, the {date} variable isn't working properly for comments as it shows the actual date based on your current computer system date. Furthermore, the {date} variable also has the time variable with it in it which I don't think should be the case since the {date} and the time should be separated. Hope you guys can look into this too.

How can I fix this? Thanks!

Re: CuteNews 2.0 Variable for templates not working

Any solution so far, anyone? https://cutephp.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

Hello,

There are currently some problems with the variable used in the templates for CuteNews 2.0.

In comments template, the {day}, {since}, {hours}, {minutes} and {year} isn't showing up.

Additionally, the {date} variable isn't working properly for comments as it shows the actual date based on your current computer system date. Furthermore, the {date} variable also has the time variable with it in it which I don't think should be the case since the {date} and the time should be separated. Hope you guys can look into this too.

How can I fix this? Thanks!

You can change the format of the date variable in comments via Time format for comments in Dashboard > System configurations.

Best regards,
CN Support team

Hello SUpport_Team,

Thanks for the response. My current setup for time format in comments is "j M Y, h:i a" and it is now showing the date, year, hours and minutes. The problem now is that the hours and the minutes of the comments changes according to your computer clock. Below is an example,

Person A posted on 7 Feb 2014, 3.14 PM (Computer time now is 3.14 PM).
Example 1

1 minute later,

Person A posted on 7 Feb 2014, 3.15 PM (Computer time now is 3.15 PM).
Example 1

I believe this bug also appear for the date, meaning the date will appear as what it is according to your computer clock. (Will update again on this).

After checking again, the date of the comments remain the same. The only problem is the minutes and the seconds where it changes according to your computer clock.

Hello,

I've got the same problem with the time and date in the comments. Also if I login at the cutenews dashboard, the time right above has the wrong time. The dashboard says it's one hour earlier.

I hope anyone knows how to fix this problem.

thnks.

7 (edited by 2014-03-21 06:31:16)

In line 685 in the core/news.php file you need to replace

return date(getoption('timestamp_comment', $e['id']));

with

return date(getoption('timestamp_comment'), $e['id']);

Best regards,
CN Support team