Topic: Archive issue V2

I am successfully running a freshly installed version of the latest V2 release.

By copying my v1.53 archive content folder to the cdata folder, I was able to 'convert' the archives and they are now visible in control panel and accessible to visitors.

However, when called up the pages display all html mark-up, for example:

SWPP & BPPA UK Photographic Convention 

27 Dec 2006 filed by the Editor

<FONT size=2>
<P align=justify>Kick-off 2007 in style!
Following months of planning, the 2007 Photographic Convention is just days</FONT><FONT face=Arial size=2> </FONT><FONT size=2>away. With record advance bookings this is set to be the biggest event of it's</FONT><FONT face=Arial size=2> </FONT><FONT size=2>kind ever set in London With over 150 hours of prime photographic education, a</FONT><FONT face=Arial size=2> </FONT><FONT size=2>massive 200 exhibitor Trade Show and great parties on offer this is surely the</FONT><FONT face=Arial size=2> </FONT><FONT size=2>place to be for an inspiring start to a new year.</P></FONT>

To see live examples - go to www.newsmedianews.com/diarch.php and click on any archive and open an archived item

The archived content has been correctly filed in php and related .txt files files in the  cdata/news folder

Although these can be edited, removing any of the html mark-up, even a single font tag such as <p> results in an error and the system reporting that it cannot find the archived item (number xxxxxxx)

How can this converted archive content be made to correctly display when called?

Re: Archive issue V2

Hello Newsmedia,
In version 2.0.1 there's an option to checkbox HTML for news groups. To use this option you need to enter news listing, checkbox the required news, enable "Switch to HTML".

Best regards,
CN Support team

3 (edited by 2014-03-23 03:53:45)

Hello Newsmedia,
In version 2.0.1 there's an option to checkbox HTML for news groups. To use this option you need to enter news listing, checkbox the required news, enable "Switch to HTML".

Thanking you for your reply.

I have now upgraded to v2.0.1, entered Edit News, selected some archived items but there is no 'Switch to html' option anywhere.

Hi News media, your archive is working perfectly in CuteNews 2.0? I seem to have problem with it.

Hi News media, your archive is working perfectly in CuteNews 2.0? I seem to have problem with it.

The archive is working but not properly - when an archived item is opened it shows all of the html code instead of implementing it.

Thanks I will have to give it a try this week.

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply