1 (edited by 2014-09-04 20:26:31)

Topic: Search memory exceeded

Hi

I am getting:   Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 13427728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 24354020 bytes) in . . . . .cutenews\search.php on line 239.
the site has found 118 references.

Line 239 is:      else{ $all_news = file("$cutepath/data/news.txt"); }  else{ $all_news = file("$cutepath/data/news.txt"); }

I have another website that is larger but doesn't have any issues. Both use CuteNews 1.4.6

The error doesn't seem to be associated with the number of results found as even 18 results generates the error. Both sites are hosted by Fashosts.

Re: Search memory exceeded

Hi

I am getting:   Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 13427728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 24354020 bytes) in . . . . .cutenews\search.php on line 239.
the site has found 118 references.

Line 239 is:      else{ $all_news = file("$cutepath/data/news.txt"); }  else{ $all_news = file("$cutepath/data/news.txt"); }

I have another website that is larger but doesn't have any issues. Both use CuteNews 1.4.6

The error doesn't seem to be associated with the number of results found as even 18 results generates the error. Both sites are hosted by Fashosts.

Dear ggeoff,
What is the size of your news.txt file? It seems too big to be uploaded onto the server. Try making it smaller by deleting old news.

Best regards,
CN Support team

Dear ggeoff,
What is the size of your news.txt file? It seems too big to be uploaded onto the server. Try making it smaller by deleting old news.

Hi Yes, the problem site has a size of 24,345,828. The site is a parish council website and I would like to keep most of the posts for historical reasons. I have not archived the news, would that make a difference? 

Hi Yes, the problem site has a size of 24,345,828. The site is a parish council website and I would like to keep most of the posts for historical reasons. I have not archived the news, would that make a difference?

For CuteNews 1.4.6, this issue cannot be fixed. You can increase the memory for PHP on the host, but it will be a temporary measure. We recommend you upgrade to 2.0.2, and the migration of news should be performed on the localhost, where there will be enough memory for PHP to upload a file of 24MB to the process memory.
After the migration on the localhost, you need to transfer the installed 2.0.2 version to the working service, configure the system settings and the problem with memory shall not disturb you again.

Best regards,
CN Support team

5 (edited by 2014-09-08 14:26:50)

For CuteNews 1.4.6, this issue cannot be fixed. You can increase the memory for PHP on the host, but it will be a temporary measure. We recommend you upgrade to 2.0.2, and the migration of news should be performed on the localhost, where there will be enough memory for PHP to upload a file of 24MB to the process memory.
After the migration on the localhost, you need to transfer the installed 2.0.2 version to the working service, configure the system settings and the problem with memory shall not disturb you again.

thanks a lot I'll see if i can manage it.