1 (edited by 2014-09-11 10:45:30)

Topic: [CN 2.02] Importing old comments

Hello

How can i merge contents of old "comments.txt" file (CN > 2.0) with new script version? I've already placed everything else but these. I haven't used migrating mechanism; it was done manually.
Some kind of comments manager would be useful, but this one looks a bit outdated.

Is there a simple way to do this?

Regards

Re: [CN 2.02] Importing old comments

Hello

How can i merge contents of old "comments.txt" file (CN > 2.0) with new script version? I've already placed everything else but these. I haven't used migrating mechanism; it was done manually.
Some kind of comments manager would be useful, but this one looks a bit outdated.

Is there a simple way to do this?

Regards

Unfortunately, there's no simple way. You'll have to create another script to convert old comments. This is due to the fact that the structure of news and comments storage beginning from v. 2.0 is rather different from the old version.

Best regards,
CN Support team

3 (edited by 2014-09-11 16:28:26)

Re: [CN 2.02] Importing old comments

True, it's vastly different. Still... i'll try the hard way, since it will be problematic to start from the beginning. Main problem lies in news itself. They're not exactly from copy, but rather they are copied and rewrited manually.

Thanks for confirmation!

update
ok, here's what i've got. First i'm gonna write new comment under old news, with proper name and address. That way news-file will be rewrited just as it should and automatically. Finally the timestamp issue. This should be very easy; i mean it's simple base64 decoding/encoding, copy&paste operation.
In fact i already changed first two comments. The only problem is with ip record, but i don't care since it's available only for admin-level users.