Topic: Display additional fields in news

Hey everyone,

first of all, I'm from Germany and I might fail to describe the issue and express myself correctly due to the foreign language. However, I deeply hope that you'll get anything straight away.

Also, I explored CuteNews for the first time and sucessfully made it work until I stuck at the additional fields, more precisely on it's display. I figured out how to create fields, but failed when I tried to show those fields on the frontend.

Is there anything further I need to include or any variables I need to set when I include the "show_news.php"?

For instance, I created two checkboxes and a price field, so how do I display them in the news?

Thanks for any help and instructions and see you soon
Ne0

Re: Display additional fields in news

Hello Ne0,

to display the additional field you must set it in your template:

{additionalField_name}

or

[if {additionalField_name}] * {additionalField_name}
[/if]

greetings

Hello Ne0,

to display the additional field you must set it in your template:

{additionalField_name}

or

[if {additionalField_name}] * {additionalField_name}
[/if]

greetings

Hello Perry and thanks for your quick reply. However, I couldn't make it work. Do I need to replace the "name" with the name I set in the backend for the additional fields? I tried both versions as well as the "replacement version", none worked. I added your line in /skins/base/defaults/templates.tpl in the "*active"-section. What did I miss?

Good night
Ne0

Hello Perry and thanks for your quick reply. However, I couldn't make it work. Do I need to replace the "name" with the name I set in the backend for the additional fields? I tried both versions as well as the "replacement version", none worked. I added your line in /skins/base/defaults/templates.tpl in the "*active"-section. What did I miss?

Good night
Ne0

No @ admin panel -> templates

http://cutephp.com/forum/uploads/monthly_02_2015/post-80230-1424766077.png

5 (edited by 2015-02-26 02:47:04)

No @ admin panel -> templates

http://cutephp.com/forum/uploads/monthly_02_2015/post-80230-1424766077.png

Should do the same, actually. Found my code in the template, however, it didn't work either way. Any more ideas?

Thanks for your help though :-)!

EDIT: By the way, do I need to add that codesnippet (with its unique name) for every additional field I created?

I would also like to know how to accomplish this as i have tried multiple ways of putting the additional feild in the template and hard coding it in the template..

{additionalField_images}

And as

{images}

I am unclear as to how this is suppose to work and how it is to display i have put it right in the template after short story and in the full story as well.

Still no dice:(

Would like a example if possible of how to get this working thanks.

Dashboard
Additional fields-> Form:

Field Type: Image/Resource
Name: Thumbnail01

->Add/Replace field

Dashboard
Write into your template:
Into 'Active News'

<h1>{title}</h1>
[img]{Thumbnail01}[/img]

->'Save template'

Dashboard
-> Add news

Thumbnail01 Form: Select your image

Post the news.

Greetings John

That worked thanks. I dunno what i did different to make it not work before must have missed one step or something.

THanks

9 (edited by 2015-03-04 21:21:10)

Hi,

Dashboard
Additional fields-> Form:

Field Type: Image/Resource
Name: Thumbnail01

->Add/Replace field

Dashboard
Write into your template:
Into 'Active News'

<h1>{title}</h1>
[img]{Thumbnail01}[/img]

->'Save template'

Dashboard
-> Add news

Thumbnail01 Form: Select your image

Post the news.

Greetings John

Thanks John, that worked for me as well. A little hint that may save some minutes of try'n'error: As shown above use {name}, for instance {price}, for every single additional field. Also, if you use those [if]-queries, remember to end the line for every query, otherwise it will result in errors.

Thanks again and see you soon
Ne0

PS: John, I hope you received my pm, it didn't show up in the sent folder...