Topic: Cutenews incompatible with PHP 7

Before I attempt to upgrade my sites that are using Cutenews 1.4.6 and 2.0.2 (Build ID 202) I need to know whether they will run under PHP 7.  PHP 7 is no longer backwards compatible. My web companies host is charging extra to keep my sites to PHP 5.4

Re: Cutenews incompatible with PHP 7

Old versions of Cutenews do have problems with PHP7 compatibility. One of the possible solutions to the problem  - to update CUtenews code to the latest version, which is compatible with PHP7. To do this follow the instructions here https://cutephp.com/cutenews/upgrade.php.

Best regards,
CN Support team

Thanks Support.  The link is giving a 404. www is missing?

I did try to upgrade 1.4.6 and failed October 2015. I do not know what I did wrong.  I am reviewing the instructions and will post anything that I do not understand.

I also tried to upgrade 2.0.2 and also failed. I have three sites that run on Cutenews they are large. So I need to be sure that I can upgrade successfully. so to confirm will 2.0.3 run under PHP 7?

4 (edited by barrykaauamo 2022-09-22 04:11:17)

A commitment of appreciation is all together for the update and quick reply. Bet upon your string. A commitment of appreciation is all together for making it.
Allied Universal eHub Website