Topic: CuteNews is not working

hi,

I installed CuteNews. And I can log on. But when I am logged in. I can not go to any menu. And if I click again I must login again. Above the index page, if you have logged. Then there is this text.

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /www/t/h/o/tholen-schakerloo.nl/public_html/Schoolkrant/cutenews/inc/functions.inc.php on line 289

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /www/t/h/o/tholen-schakerloo.nl/public_html/Schoolkrant/cutenews/inc/functions.inc.php on line 289

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /www/t/h/o/tholen-schakerloo.nl/public_html/Schoolkrant/cutenews/inc/functions.inc.php:289) in /www/t/h/o/tholen-schakerloo.nl/public_html/Schoolkrant/cutenews/index.php on line 90

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /www/t/h/o/tholen-schakerloo.nl/public_html/Schoolkrant/cutenews/inc/functions.inc.php:289) in /www/t/h/o/tholen-schakerloo.nl/public_html/Schoolkrant/cutenews/index.php on line 96

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /www/t/h/o/tholen-schakerloo.nl/public_html/Schoolkrant/cutenews/inc/functions.inc.php:289) in /www/t/h/o/tholen-schakerloo.nl/public_html/Schoolkrant/cutenews/index.php on line 97

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /www/t/h/o/tholen-schakerloo.nl/public_html/Schoolkrant/cutenews/index.php on line 241

A Photo: http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/8652/naamloosfe.png

(sorry for my English.)

Re: CuteNews is not working

Your host is running PHP 5 and Cutenews 1.4.6 is will give eregi errors.
Update your functions.inc.php.
Details here:
https://cutephp.com/forum/index.php?s=&...st&p=138902

3 (edited by 2012-02-12 19:34:51)

Hi,
Thank you. But there is one error on top. And I do not get away.
This is the error:

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /www/t/h/o/tholen-schakerloo.nl/public_html/Schoolkrant/cutenews/index.php on line 241

This's on line 414

if(!eregi("$self",$HTTP_REFERER) and $HTTP_REFERER != ""){

If I eregi -> preg_match changed. I get this:

Warning: preg_match() [function.preg-match]: Unknown modifier 'c' in /www/t/h/o/tholen-schakerloo.nl/public_html/Schoolkrant/cutenews/index.php on line 241
Sorry but your access to this page was denied !

try to logout and then login again
To turn off this security check, change $config_check_referer in index.php to FALSE

You need a delimiter with !preg_match.

Try using ^$self^

if(!preg_match("^$self^",$HTTP_REFERER) and $HTTP_REFERER != ""){

If you then get an error

Sorry but your access to this page was denied !

Then change line  19 from

$config_check_referer = TRUE;

to

$config_check_referer = FALSE;

If the solution doesn't work, use

if(!strpos($HTTP_REFERER, $self) !== false && $HTTP_REFERER != ''){

[I'm not saying Damoor's code is wrong; I have no idea.]

Changing $config_check_referer to FALSE won't be necessary once the code works. The code with eregi() checks for the referrer, and since the current fix doesn't work, it does odd stuff and thinks the referrer isn't correct.

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

CutePHP Forums → Problem Solving / Help & Support → CuteNews is not working