1 (edited by 2012-02-20 08:32:41)

Topic: CuteNews 1.4.7

Dear users!

We're happy to introduce the latest version of СuteNews, 1.4.7. In this version, we have fixed some bugs.
CuteNews is now compatible with PHP 5.3+.

Most significant 1.4.6 to 1.4.7 changes:
* replacement of obsolete functions ereg and eregi;
* changed markup of forms for adding and editing news in Administration Control Panel;
* added new procedure for checking user rights to massactions mod.

You can download the new version of СuteNews here.

Upgrading instructions.

Please feel free to report any bugs here.

Re: CuteNews 1.4.7

Dear users!

We're happy to introduce the latest version of СuteNews, 1.4.7. In this version, we have fixed a number of bugs and tried to take your suggestions into account.
CuteNews is now compatible with PHP 5.3+.

Most significant 1.4.6 to 1.4.7 changes:
* a number of bugs introduced in PHP 5.3+ have been fixed;
* admin interface webpages design has been modified;
* access rights for news editing actions have been added.

You can download the new version of СuteNews here.

Please feel free to report any bugs here.

No. Effing. Way.

Not to mention I just noticed an update for UTF-8 CuteNews is on its way!

No. Effing. Way.

Exactly my thoughts when I just logged on... wow! https://cutephp.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

Great! Does this mean cutenew is back in real development?

I think (sure) a lot of people who downloaded the previous version has already made ​​many changes and fixed things for themselves...

like me. i changed alot of things (i really dont remember what)
and of course I will not dare to update to this new version ... all over again,
But i will be very happy to know which bugs where found ...
and how i can fix them in my installed version.....

it will be really nice if someone will help us to khnow what changed - and in wich file....

Very good news, thanks admin.

I tried to upgrade and it was worthless. I lost everything except the header and footer. I had to terminate the account and then restore from a daily backup. I have way too much invested to start over again. Although maybe good for a new install, it's a worthless upgrade, and shouldn't be referred to as an "upgrade"

8 (edited by 2012-02-16 16:26:17)

It's truly awesome to see that CuteNews is being maintained again officially. Nonetheless, I'm afraid to say I don't trust what's going on; this new update makes me feel screwed over.

This has started ever since CuteNews was sold. Even support members have no idea who the new owners are, and as far as I know no one has ever heard anything from them. My attempts to contact the new owners a handful of times because of UTF-8 CuteNews have always been unanswered, though to be fair I may always have been writing to the wrong place.

Spam has decreased, that's good. The Twitter thing is finally gone, that's even better. Sorry, that thing was bliss.

Meanwhile, pretty much everything about this update is bugging me.

a)

In this version, we have fixed a number of bugs and tried to take your suggestions into account.

Could you supply a concrete example of such a suggestion?

b) A quick search for 'ereg' in /inc/addnews.mdu reveals there are still ereg functions in them, e.g. at line 387.

c)

* admin interface webpages design has been modified;

... Where? All I can find are a few tables whose width have been changed.

d)

* access rights for news editing actions have been added.

Again: Where? The only changes in editnews.mdu and options.mdu are ereg functions to an equivalent function that is compatible with PHP version >= 5.3.

e) Some changes are obviously taken from UTF-8 CuteNews, e.g. /inc/editnews.mdu line 251 in CN 1.4.7, or line 233 in UTF-8 CuteNews 9:

if(strpos($single_line, '<'.'?') === false){

Writing "<?" as '<'.'?' is an awfully suspicious coincidence; I initially added all instance of <? and ?> as such because I thought it could be buggy to just do '<?' a few years ago. It's weird that it's identical in CuteNews when there's no rational explanation to do this, while at other places where it's '<?' in UTF-8 CN, it's '<?' in CuteNews 1.4.7 as well.

I don't mind my changes being taken, I really don't, but since the new owners are obviously aware of UTF-8 CuteNews and obviously have given the code a good luck, one would think he or they (I don't even know what pronoun to use!) would have time to get back to me as well.

With that said, I'm really sorry for the attack. This is just becoming frustrating, and I have a lot of doubts since there seems to be a lot of lying already in the first update(!). I'm having trust issues.

I get a 500 Internal Server Error!

This is a step in the right direction. It means that the official Cutenews may have a future.
Good to see an input to the forum from the owner once more. I hope it lasts.
I have just uploaded the new version to my server running php 5.3.8 and it runs with no errors.

jbarnet, none of the mods can do this, but i am able to change my email address under the personal options of the forum.
Try adding support@cutephp.com as your email https://cutephp.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

so it's not worth updating to CuteNews 1.4.7??

so it's not worth updating to CuteNews 1.4.7??

IMHO it is if you are running an unaltered version of 1.4.6.
If you have added any hacks or changes/updates of your own then no, unless you are prepared to put the changes back.
If you do update do not overwrite your old Data directory.

IMHO it is if you are running an unaltered version of 1.4.6.
If you have added any hacks or changes/updates of your own then no, unless you are prepared to put the changes back.
If you do update do not overwrite your old Data directory.

hmm, well like i use my own template but i haven't added hacks. hmmm  https://cutephp.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif

Follow the upgrade instructions.

16 (edited by 2012-02-16 22:01:38)

<!--fonto:Arial Black--><span style="font-family:Arial Black"><!--/fonto-->Please delete my forum account, thanks.<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->  https://cutephp.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/huh.gif

Please stop spamming me.

This.

What if I forgot my password and couldn't log in to unsubscribe? "This is illegal, you know."

I don't use any proprietary software on my site anymore, so your service is out of the question.

first of all,

thanks lkj for the superior utf-8 version..it's just awesome...

i am using it and 've done numerous modifications including adding Facebook comments to news instead of the regular comments ..etc

second, to current cutephp team...thanks for making the lovely old version of the script years ago but i just don't see this as an upgrade at all...it's just a warning message bugging me every time i visit the system page telling me to downgrade my utf-8 version

you really should adopt the utf-8 version and develop it rather than that comedy u're doing

just think of it that way...humans develop what they already have to make life easier...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

in my opinion that upgrade is more like announcing a new keypad mobile while everyone is already using capacitive touchscreens

thus i do not advice anyone already using utf-8 or a special modified version you worked on to do any upgrades

if you want to do a thing like an upgrade do it well or just leave it like it is

in my opinion that upgrade is more like announcing a new keypad mobile while everyone is already using capacitive touchscreen

*clicks the like button*

Wow. After I ditched CuteNews 5+ years ago, suddenly I got the announcement email and this script is just the perfect solution for my current custom web project https://cutephp.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

20 (edited by 2012-02-17 04:05:22)

I love how the license still says that everything belongs to Flexer https://cutephp.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif Actually this whole thing is quite hilarious, out of nowhere we get a new version with pretty much false prosimes... Oh well... Atleast the version number went up 0.0.1 https://cutephp.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

in my opinion that upgrade is more like announcing a new keypad mobile while everyone is already using capacitive touchscreen

More like Microsoft announcing there is a new update on Windows 95... https://cutephp.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif

wow it being maintained again, that is cool but I already switch to wordpress for my new management a year ago. But so people that have unaltered version of cutenews will enjoy this.

I say many thanks to lKj for Utf-8, I won't be downgrading the new owners half arsed POS, the least you could have done is worked with him, its just a shame people will continue to pay for it and allow you to line your pocket while you steal someone else's hard work.. Not cool you turd..

23 (edited by 2012-02-20 09:02:14)

Dear Users!

Thank you for your discussion on our forum. We appreciate your comments and your criticism.  Many of your suggestions we will accept for consideration and try to handle in the near future. For your convenience, we will soon release a feedback form that will allow all users to contact our support team for professional assistance in all of matters related to our project. We will write about this form in an additional post. So, please keep an eye on our news.
Please also pay your attention to our previous news, which has been recently edited: we've added some details concerning the changes in the CuteNews 1.4.7 update.
As for the CuteNews future, we look forward for your further cooperation. Your comments, feature suggestions, bug reports, etc. are always welcome! Our programmers are always diligently working to resolve possible problems as soon as possible.

Best regards,
CN Support team

we will soon release a feedback form that will allow all users to contact our support team for professional assistance in all of matters related to our project.

Cool! Cutenews will finaly get a forum where people can get support! No wait...  https://cutephp.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif

25 (edited by 2012-02-22 12:11:13)

Thanks for addressing the issues that were posted. This seems a lot better.

I'd be curious to hear a few words about you, the new owners, too. It'd be only fair for us to introduce ourselves in return as well, so if you want I will do so.

Pages 1 2 3 Next

You must login or register to post a reply

CutePHP Forums → News → CuteNews 1.4.7

The pun_antispam official extension is installed. Copyright © 2003–2009 PunBB.