Topic: Edit News problem

Hello guys, i think u can help me!
Im trying to edit news but shows this error:
PHP Fatal error:  Maximum execution time of 60 seconds exceeded in E:\home\ia\Web\cutenews3\cutenews\inc\functions.inc.php on line 203

HELPAAAAAAAA

2 (edited by 2012-02-22 17:03:59)

Re: Edit News problem

This time limit is the standard one set in the PHP.ini file on your server.
It means that 60 seconds is the number of seconds set on your server that a script is allowed to run.
The error shows  that a PHP script  has taken too long and can be caused by a problem in one of your PHP files causing an endless loop.
Have you recently modified any of the files? This may give a clue where to look.
If you have not changed anything recently then try uploading a new set of cutenews files having first made a backup.
Do not overwrite your data files!

(Edit: In my file line 203 is inside the mail function so the fault may be connected with sending mail.
What is on line 203 in your functions.inc.php )

3 (edited by 2012-02-22 18:26:48)

This time limit is the standard one set in the PHP.ini file on your server.
It means that 60 seconds is the number of seconds set on your server that a script is allowed to run.
The error shows  that a PHP script  has taken too long and can be caused by a problem in one of your PHP files causing an endless loop.
Have you recently modified any of the files? This may give a clue where to look.
If you have not changed anything recently then try uploading a new set of cutenews files having first made a backup.
Do not overwrite your data files!

(Edit: In my file line 203 is inside the mail function so the fault may be connected with sending mail.
What is on line 203 in your functions.inc.php )

Hello, thank you for answer.
The line 203 show this:
            while($str[$i] != ';'){

And i didnt modified any of the files... it was working but suddenly broke.

4 (edited by 2012-02-23 09:46:24)

Hello, thank you for answer.
The line 203 show this:
            while($str[$i] != ';'){

And i didnt modified any of the files... it was working but suddenly broke.

I cannot find that line or anything like it in functions.inc.php from cutenews 1.4.6 or cutenews 1.4.7 or utf_8 cutenews
Which version of cutenews are you using? What hacks have been added?

(Edit: yes, I have found it in utf_8 cutenews)

5 (edited by 2012-02-23 00:47:51)

I cannot find that line or anything like it in functions.inc.php from cutenews 1.4.6 or cutenews 1.4.7 or utf_8 cutenews
Which version of cutenews are you using? What hacks have been added?

Hello. My version is utf_8 cutenews! and i think i didnt use anyone hack!
thanks

I do not use utf_8 cutenews.  It is possible that you have entered something into a post that this routine cannot cope with.
Hopefully (lKj) can help.

7 (edited by 2012-02-23 22:39:40)

Is not big. It have 26kb. =/

8 (edited by 2012-02-23 22:42:30)

In the code which Filou83 posted:

while($str[$i] != ';'){

Try replacing it with

while($str[$i] != ';' && $i < strlen($str)){

That's the only thing I can think of that would cause trouble. Though line 213 is the ending } in the code he quoted, so I don't know.
I can supply you the modified file if you encounter difficulties changing it yourself. https://cutephp.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

If it's not all too personal, could you share the contents of news.txt ? This may give us better insight into the problem.

In the code which Filou83 posted:

Try replacing it with

That's the only thing I can think of that would cause trouble. Though line 213 is the ending } in the code he quoted, so I don't know.
I can supply you the modified file if you encounter difficulties changing it yourself. https://cutephp.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

If it's not all too personal, could you share the contents of news.txt ? This may give us better insight into the problem.

WOAHHHHHHHHHHHHH  YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

IT WORKS!!! YOU ARE THE MAN!!
ty for all!!

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

CutePHP Forums → Problem Solving / Help & Support → Edit News problem

The pun_antispam official extension is installed. Copyright © 2003–2009 PunBB.