Topic: How co change {author} and {comments-num}

Hi there,
i would like to ask you how can i change colors of those template parts, because i'm working so hard with templates editor in cutenews options and i'm struggling with my CSS files and nothing changed hmm I'm not some webmaster guru and but i have to change colors to white and some greyish shades. Here is what i've got right now:
http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/4435/72466606.png

So here is my full story template:

<div style="width:420px; margin-bottom:30px;">
<div style="color:#FFFFFF;"><strong>{title}</strong></div>

<div style="text-align:justify; padding:3px; margin-top:3px; margin-bottom:5px; border-top:1px solid #D3D3D3; color:#FFFFFF;">{short-story}</div>

<div style="float: right; color:#FFFFFF; a:link color: #FFFFFF">[full-link]Read more [/full-link]  [com-link]{comments-num} Comments[/com-link]</div>

<div class="email" style="color:#FFFFFF; a:link color: #FFFFFF a:hover color: #FFFAFF "><em>Posted on {date} by {author}</em></div>
</div>

And it looks like inline style sheets don't work at all. Here is my main *.css file which is inluded where the "include("news/show_news.php");" is:

body {
background-image: url(images/clair_11.jpg); background-attachment: fixed;
font-family:Verdana;
font-weight:normal;
font-size: 12px; 
color:#FFFFFF;
margin-left: 40px;
margin-right: 40px;
margin-top: 20px;
margin-bottom: 20px;
}

BODY {  
  scrollbar-arrow-color: #FFFFFF;
  scrollbar-track-color: #252525;
  scrollbar-face-color: #000000;
  scrollbar-highlight-color: #252525;
  scrollbar-3dlight-color: #000000;
  scrollbar-darkshadow-color: #000000;
  scrollbar-shadow-color: #000000;
}

.email{
 color: #FFFFFF;
}

a:link{
color: #FFFFFF;
}
a:visited{
color: #C4BFBF;
}
a:hover{
color: #696767;
}
a:active{
color: #696767;
}/*
a{ 
text-decoration: none;
}
*/

* {
        padding:0;
        margin:0;

}

img {
        border:0;
}

h1 {
    font-size: 16px;
    font-weight: 700;
    text-indent: 10px;

}

h2 {
    font-size: 16px;
    font-weight: 400;

}

p {
    text-indent: 30px;
    font-size: 12px; 
    font-weight: 400;
}

I tried with the .email class but nothing changed hmm Could someone help me a little ?

Re: How co change {author} and {comments-num}

Dear User!

Please try replacing your code to this one:

<div style="text-align:justify; padding:3px; margin-top:3px; margin-bottom:5px; border-top:1px solid #D3D3D3; color:#FFFFFF;">{short-story}</div>
        <div style="float: right; color:#FFFFFF;" class="anlink">[full-link]Read more [/full-link] [com-link]{comments-num} Comments[/com-link]</div>
        <div class="email" style="color:#FFFFFF;"><em class="anlink">Posted on {date} by {author}</em></div>
</div>

Please try pasting the following code to the end of your CSS file:

.anlink a { color: #FFFFFF; }
.anlink a:visited { color: #C4BFBF; }
.anlink a:hover  { color: #FFFAFF; }
.anlink a:active { color: #696767; }
Best regards,
CN Support team

Dear User!

Please try replacing your code to this one:

<div style="float: right; color:#FFFFFF;" class="anlink">[full-link]Read more [/full-link] [com-link]{comments-num} Comments[/com-link]</div>
        <div class="email" style="color:#FFFFFF;"><em class="anlink">Posted on {date} by {author}</em></div>
</div>

Please try pasting the following code to the end of your CSS file:

.anlink a { color: #FFFFFF; }
.anlink a:visited { color: #C4BFBF; }
.anlink a:hover  { color: #FFFAFF; }
.anlink a:active { color: #696767; }

Many thanks for help, but unfortunately it doesn't work. I've tried with classes and stuff and nothing. Like a CSS file doesn't work at all.

Many thanks for help, but unfortunately it doesn't work. I've tried with classes and stuff and nothing. Like a CSS file doesn't work at all.

Dear doles2,

You have in the code of the main page the following:

<iframe width="575" height="518" name="main" src="news.php" frameborder="0" scrolling="auto"></iframe>

To change the CSS customization on your page, you should output data from the iframe, by replacing it with the code:

<div style="width: 575px; height: 518px; overflow: auto;"><?php include ( 'path to your file 'show_news.php', as in 'news.php'); ?> </div>

This should resolve your problem. However, if you want us to provide you with working code, please send us news.php code, then we'll do our best to help you.

Best regards,
CN Support team