1 (edited by 2012-05-20 13:36:51)

Topic: Problems with adding images to CuteNews

I do not know if it's just me who has problem with latest version ( 1.4.7 ) of the CuteNews. I think that the "bugs" a little too much for his own good. As an example of this when I'm going to add a picture (Insert image) so it does not work. I had the exact same problem before with the previous version of CuteNews, but then we decided that it was the web browser Chrome, which was behind it all. The function simply did not work in Chrome, but worked just fine in Internet Explorer.

But right now it does not work very function in either Chrome or Internet Explorer.

I enclose a little Youtube clip of the problem and you will see better for yourself what is the problem.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBe9Fw9T6ko

So the question is when, how, or you can do something about this problem? For it is terrible irritant not being able to add pictures without having to resort to "paste" method.

* Update 2012.05.20 - the problem is fixed *

Re: Problems with adding images to CuteNews

Just tested it here with a  new installation of cutenews 1.4.7 and it worked with no problems.

Just tested it here with a  new installation of cutenews 1.4.7 and it worked with no problems.

Hmm ... If I then take and try installing again, and see then if it gets any better. Could be where the fault lies.

For it sounds pretty unlikely that it would be the browser behind the problmet when I think about it. Especially when I've tested it all in both Chrome and Internet Explorer. And it is or it is the same error.

However,. I will try to instalera of CuteNews so I get to see if there is any improvement.

Make sure you set
$config_path_image_upload
correctly in
index.php

Make sure you set
$config_path_image_upload
correctly in
index.php

Um ... I'm probably afraid I can not keep up. How or what do you mean?

6 (edited by 2012-05-19 21:43:54)

Open the cutenews index.php file in an editor.
Look a few lines down and check that $config_path_image_upload=./data....
Is set to the folder that you are using for uploading the images.
On one of my servers I had a similar problem when I had set it to
data/upimages
The images uploaded but the insert would not work.
The JavaScript routine in images.mdu only worked when I reset it to
./data/upimages

Open the cutenews index.php file in an editor.
Look a few lines down and check that $config_path_image_upload=./data....
Is set to the folder that you are using for uploading the images.
On one of my servers I had a similar problem when I had set it to
data/upimages
The images uploaded but the insert would not work.
The JavaScript routine in images.mdu only worked when I reset it to
./data/upimages

I checked, and it pointed imot correct folder. Nah, I'll have to take and instalera about it all simply. Does not take too long.
But thanks anyway.

But now. After a reinstall, everything works as it should. So it was not worse than this in other words.
Will thanks so much for all the attention.

9 (edited by 2012-07-22 17:36:08)

I am use UTF-8 CuteNews version 9.01.  I have a similar problem in that it uploads the images but does not insert them when using IE Explorer but it does work with Firefox.  Any help is appreciated.

please, someone already solved this problem?, it would be helpful if someone could help me, I need it for a customer project..

Grettings!  https://cutephp.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif

I am use UTF-8 CuteNews version 9.01.  I have a similar problem in that it uploads the images but does not insert them when using IE Explorer but it does work with Firefox.  Any help is appreciated.

Problem has been fixed   https://cutephp.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif .  Evidently it was not the script but the user.