Topic: Call news on a different page not working in CN 1.5

hi,
In the older versions of cutephp i used this trick to call news on a different page e.g I am displaying lots of news from different categories on the website and whenever I click on them I want it to show the full story on a separate page. Please check kashmirwatch.com for example. Whenever you click on their article it opens on a new page. In the older versions of cutenews (before 1.5) I used this trick.

Code on the homepage to show the headlines with short story

<?PHP

$PHP_SELF= 'articles.php';
$QUERY_STRING = 'var1news=value1news';
$template = "Headlines";
$number=2;
$category="4";
include("admin/show_news.php");
?>

I want to show the full story on articles.php so i used the following script on articles.php page.

<?PHP
$PHP_SELF = 'articles.php';
$QUERY_STRING = 'var1news=value1news';
$template = "Headlines";
$number=1;
$category="4";
include("admin/show_news.php");
?>

In CuteNews 1.5, it breaks the whole layout and shows multiple articles. Basically please teach me how to call the full story on a separate page.

Re: Call news on a different page not working in CN 1.5

It was a bug in CuteNews 1.5.0. We've corrected it by the commit on github - https://github.com/CuteNews/cute-news-repo/...efba83d7f88d5b0

Best regards,
CN Support team

It was a bug in CuteNews 1.5.0. We've corrected it by the commit on github - https://github.com/CuteNews/cute-news-repo/...efba83d7f88d5b0

How do i update my cutenews files then? Is this update applied to the latest version of cutenews available on the main homepage?

How do i update my cutenews files then? Is this update applied to the latest version of cutenews available on the main homepage?

chek the link https://github.com/CuteNews/cute-news-repo/...efba83d7f88d5b0
here you can watch it

hi,
In the older versions of cutephp i used this trick to call news on a different page e.g I am displaying lots of news from different categories on the website and whenever I click on them I want it to show the full story on a separate page. Please check kashmirwatch.com for example. Whenever you click on their article it opens on a new page. In the older versions of cutenews (before 1.5) I used this trick.

Code on the homepage to show the headlines with short story

I want to show the full story on articles.php so i used the following script on articles.php page.

In CuteNews 1.5, it breaks the whole layout and shows multiple articles. Basically please teach me how to call the full story on a separate page.

Great, I will check it ASAP. Thanks for your precious update.

Great, I will check it ASAP. Thanks for your precious update.

Wich is the part that I should change,

if I change the whole core.php file I can't access cutenews anymore

Thanks

Wich is the part that I should change,

if I change the whole core.php file I can't access cutenews anymore

Thanks

Did you managed this somehow? Please, let me know here or PM. Thank you

Did you managed this somehow? Please, let me know here or PM. Thank you

Didn't
Can't use latest version because I can't upgrade the server to PHP3.

Please admin tell me what I should change in core.php in order to make it work,

thank you

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

CutePHP Forums → Problem Solving / Help & Support → Call news on a different page not working in CN 1.5

The pun_antispam official extension is installed. Copyright © 2003–2009 PunBB.