Topic: {pages} not working

Hello,

Here's another one;

Pages are not working. Where I should see the number of pages, instead I just see the text {pages}
To make sure it wasn't something in my code, I made a brand new installation of CuteNews 1.5 in another directory and tested with the example2 template.
The only modification I made was adding $pages = "2"; in example2.php and added some news to get some pages showing.

It still showed {pages}. (see example) How can this be happening on a fresh install with no changes made? Wouldn't this mean it's broken for everyone?

Re: {pages} not working

We've made the necessary corrections in the code. Thanks for your observation.

Best regards,
CN Support team

Excellent news, does this mean a new version will be released soon? When can I expect to download it?

Could anyone give me an update on this? I'm just sitting here with a website that is almost ready to go and can't go any further until this page thing is fixed..

So I downloaded (what I assume is) a newer version of 1.5 from here https://github.com/CuteNews/cute-news-repo/downloads (download zip) and installed this in a new location and set up my templates again.

The pagination links now work correctly, however I am still not able to format them at all (I did not mention this in my post previously).
In Cutenews 1.47 I am able to put the pagination inside a <div> to match the format of my website. I cannot do this in 1.5.

The template of the pages display is adjusted in Options > Edit templates in sections News Pagination and Comments Pagination. The template of links display in {pages} isn't adjusted in CN1.4.7 and CN1.5.0

Best regards,
CN Support team