Topic: Error - Name of the comment poster

Hello...

I'm have a bug on the "Name of the comment poster", {author}.

When you enter your name to add the comment, the name does not appear. All names appear "Array".

The error did not happen until yesterday, started today without I having done anything.

I use CuteNews more than a year, and this has never happened before.

On other sites I use CuteNews configured the same way, and it does not.

Could you help me?

Thanks.

2 (edited by 2012-10-31 21:11:21)

Re: Error - Name of the comment poster

Please share your templates, specifically the following sections: Comment and Add comment form.

a) Did you recently add or remove additional fields in Options > Additional Fields?
b) Any other recent changes that could be relevant?
c) Are the authors displayed correctly in Edit News or does the problem also appear there?
d) Please try adding a comment via example2.php. Are comments also displayed as "Array" and does adding a comment with that file make any difference?

A link to your site would be helpful, especially if you answer "no" or "nothing" to all of those points.

Please share your templates, specifically the following sections: Comment and Add comment form.

a) Did you recently add or remove additional fields in Options > Additional Fields?
b) Any other recent changes that could be relevant?
c) Are the authors displayed correctly in Edit News or does the problem also appear there?
d) Please try adding a comment via example2.php. Are comments also displayed as "Array" and does adding a comment with that file make any difference?

A link to your site would be helpful, especially if you answer "no" or "nothing" to all of those points.

Templates, comment and add coment:

<div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain' style='height:200px;white-space:pre;overflow:auto'><p><center><table style="text-align:center;">
<tr>
<td width="550">
<table border="1" bordercolor=black style="border-collapse:collapse;" width="550">
<tr><td bgcolor="E9E2C0" style="text-align:center;">Comentário por {author} em {date}</td></tr>
<tr><td>{comment}</td></tr>
</table>
</td>
</tr></table>
</center></div>

<div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain' style='height:200px;white-space:pre;overflow:auto'><p><center>http://www.royalneo.com/imagens/rnbarra6.png

<p><center><table width="550"><tr><td>
<p><center>As Regras para comentários</center>
<center><p>Antes de comentar, você deverá concordar com as seguintes regras:</center>
<p>1) Restrições: Possuo mais de 13 anos. Não passarei minhas informações pessoais.

2) Conversas: Não discutirei, não farei ofensas, não difamarei, não terei preconceitos, não falerei sobre assuntos polêmicos, não farei propagandas. Expressarei minha opinião educadamente.

3) Linguagem: Não digitarei com CapsLock, não usarei mais de um emoticon por comentário, nem qualquer outra coisa que prejudique a leitura do mesmo.
<center><p>Esteja ciente que novas regras podem surgir ou as atuais serem alteradas. Caso você quebre as regras, estará sujeito(a) à censura e banimento.</center>
</td></tr></table></center>

<p><center><button title="Sim, eu afirmo que tenho mais de 13 anos e não estou mentindo." type="button" onclick="if(document.getElementById('spoiler') .style.display=='none') {document.getElementById('spoiler') .style.display=''}else{document.getElementById('spoiler') .style.display='none'}">Afirmo que tenho mais de 13 anos, não estou mentindo e concordo com as regras.</button></center>

<div id="spoiler" style="display:none">
<p><center><table border="0" width="550" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
<tr>
<td width="550"><p>Primeiro Nome/Apelido: <input type="text" name="name"></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><p>Sua emoção atual: (Só use um por comentário).

<center><div style="width:550;">{smilies}</div></center></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="2">
<textarea cols="65" rows="6" id=commentsbox name="comments"></textarea>

<center><input type="submit" name="submit" value="Comentar!">
<input type=checkbox name=CNremember  id=CNremember value=1><label for=CNremember><font style="font-family:verdana;font-size: 13px;">Lembre-me.</font></label> |
&lt;font style=&quot;font-family:verdana;font-size: 13px;&quot;&gt;Esqueça-me&lt;/font&gt;</center>
<center><p>Confirme que você é um humano:

<font size="1">(Aqueles Meepits... Argh.)</font>

{captcha}</center>
</td>
</tr>
</table></center>
</div>

<p><center>http://www.royalneo.com/imagens/footer.png</div>

Please, ignore the texts. The site is in Portuguese.

Site link:

http://www.royalneo.com/

A) No.
b) No.
c) No. The error also happen on this page.
d) In http://www.royalneo.com/cutenews/example2.php the error does not happen!

smile

I found the problem.

It is a PHP that I did on the index page of the site, he mixed with the PHP CuteNews.

Thanks.

Good to know — thanks for the follow-up.