Topic: Cutenews handles other page content?

On the old version of cutenews FUN helped me set up a second "Add News" and "Edit News" page, called "Add Site" and "Edit Site" where I could add and edit page content throughout the website. Does anyone know if this is possible on the new version, and if so, how?

Searched for ages but couldn't see anything related.

Cheers

Re: Cutenews handles other page content?

Add/Edit page content as in a link to the edit news module (with the correct article ID, of course) on every page when you're logged in? Are you using CuteNews to display all of your pages? If so, please provide additional details. Were there big code changes necessary?

It was a year or so ago and my posts have no vanished regarding it, so I can't even go over how we achieved it. Basically what we did, from memory, was duplicated Add News and Edit news and made a few adjustments to them. I then made a link in the admin panel that linked to Add/Edit Site and then there was a single text area that had the content from the page. The relevant page ID, would then show up by including "show_site.php" and the related number for the required page content.

I still have an "add_site.php" file if you want to take a look?

It basically made cutenews so much more than a news site, as it handled pages in the way wordpress does too.

Hm, I recommend sticking with your CuteNews installation if your whole site is relying on this. I'd love to help but I'm afraid the amount of free time I have doesn't really allow for bigger code changes, and I doubt anyone else who is currently active will help you (either lack of knowledge or of interest).

Hm, I recommend sticking with your CuteNews installation if your whole site is relying on this. I'd love to help but I'm afraid the amount of free time I have doesn't really allow for bigger code changes, and I doubt anyone else who is currently active will help you (either lack of knowledge or of interest).

It's for a new site, but to be honest, it wasn't that big a change at the time. From request to implementation was just a few hours. If only the old posts weren't missing!