Topic: Featured Image?

Would it be possible to create a field (not using the available option, but by coding it) and having a browse images button to the side of it to choose an image to use as the featured image for each article?

Re: Featured Image?

Anyone? Would have thought this would be a fairly simple mod for some of the clever people on here!

In the version 1.5 there is a possibility to write the plug-in and also add your own field through Additional fields or use the field Avatar (it works also for the version 1.4.7).

Best regards,
CN Support team

In the version 1.5 there is a possibility to write the plug-in and also add your own field through Additional fields or use the field Avatar (it works also for the version 1.4.7).

I have added the field. How would I go about creating a plugin to add a button to browse images?

5 (edited by 2012-11-12 13:28:55)

Right, i've managed to get it to work so that on my xfield for featured image there is a Choose Image button that opens the images up and inserts the code perfectly, but i've got an issue.

On the add news page, it shows up like this:

{/if}
Title    
#      More fields...

Image         {if $xfields.0=image} Choose Image

Despite the code being like this:

{if $xfields.0=image}
    [url=#]Choose Image[/url]
    </td>
    {/if}

Any ideas?

If you managed to get this working could you let me know what you did would love to have a feature like this https://cutephp.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

If you managed to get this working could you let me know what you did would love to have a feature like this https://cutephp.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

I did get it working, but it was a really hacky way of doing things.

I added an xfield for the featured image that I then put in to [img]{featuredimage}[/img]
Then in skins/base_skin/addnews/index_cke.tpl (because of using CKEditor), I added this:

{foreach from=xfields}
                        <tr>
                            <td>{$xfields.1}</td>
                            <td><input tabindex=2 type=text size="42" value="{$xfields.3}" name="{$xfields.0}" id="{$xfields.0}" >   <span style="font-size:7pt">{$xfields.2}</span>
<span style="display:none">    {if 0=featuredimage}</span>
    [url=#]Choose Image[/url]
    </td>
    {/if}
                        </tr>
                    {/foreach}

I'm not sure if it's right coding, but it works on mine. Basically {if 0=featuredimage} means it checks to see if the xfield is featuredimage and if it does it shoes the choose image link next to the field. Then the "&area=featuredimage" part means when the image is chosen, the url is added to the correct field.

Not perfect and as I say, hacky, but it does the job.

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply