Topic: Category doesn't create new ID

I have been using UTF-8 for some years now without major problems. Now I'm preparing for new year and a new category for that... I can create the category but it gives me ID number that has already been used and when I delete that category it deletes the news also that has that ID number. Can you tell me how I can manually create category with ID number that I can use?

Thanks in advance

Re: Category doesn't create new ID

I have been using UTF-8 for some years now without major problems. Now I'm preparing for new year and a new category for that... I can create the category but it gives me ID number that has already been used and when I delete that category it deletes the news also that has that ID number. Can you tell me how I can manually create category with ID number that I can use?

Thanks in advance

Trying to solve this myself I have now upgrated to UTF-8 CuteNews 9.1 and tranfered the old data file over and everything works ok except I still have a problem with category. When I create a new category it is stuck on the number ID# 33 and keeps repeating that ID. How can I manually change that, anyone?
I have attached a img that shows this.

I am not familiar with the differences in your version of cutenews but in the original cutenews the category ids can be changed in your data/category.db.php and the next available number to use is in cat.num.php

I realized after posting this that the file had to be in Data folder and I have now fixed this myself. Sorry for posting without looking at all the files first.