Topic: News deletes after editing

I just upgraded to 1.5.0 from an earlier version, and I'm running into problems with adding and updating news. Here is the problem:

1. Add News - Works ok.
2. If I Publish it or Save it, it shows ok and I get a confirmation that says "The changes were successfully saved" - even checked in news.txt
3. Then I return to the story either while the Add News page is still open or through the Edit News
4. I make changes, and then "Save". I get the green confirmation that "The changes were successfully saved"
5. Story disappears completely, and it's gone from news.txt.

All my files in cdata are chmod 777 while I test. This is very confusing.

Thanks!

Re: News deletes after editing

I just upgraded to 1.5.0 from an earlier version, and I'm running into problems with adding and updating news. Here is the problem:

1. Add News - Works ok.
2. If I Publish it or Save it, it shows ok and I get a confirmation that says "The changes were successfully saved" - even checked in news.txt
3. Then I return to the story either while the Add News page is still open or through the Edit News
4. I make changes, and then "Save". I get the green confirmation that "The changes were successfully saved"
5. Story disappears completely, and it's gone from news.txt.

All my files in cdata are chmod 777 while I test. This is very confusing.

Thanks!

I just had the same problem happen to me.

I've added content and saved and then the content has completely disappeared from the page. Is there a fix for this or should we refer to wordpress?

3 (edited by 2012-12-02 00:27:31)

Same problem here. Very annoying.

[Edit] Just read a different thread about news becoming "unapproved" after an admin edits it. I just checked and saw I had 3 unapproved articles - when I never use the approve feature.
These are most likely the articles I tried editing before. You should check to see if you have any unapproved news as well.

4 (edited by 2012-12-05 20:49:58)

I have the same problem, anyone have a solution?

We've corrected the mistake. The patch is here https://github.com/CuteNews/cute-news-repo/...41dbe5186ddd0ee

Best regards,
CN Support team

We've corrected the mistake. The patch is here https://github.com/CuteNews/cute-news-repo/...41dbe5186ddd0ee

Same error here, but the link doesn't work. Could you please post it again? Thanks in advance.