Topic: upgrade problems

I'm using version 1.5.0. Upgrading to 1.5.1 by replacing the files seems oke...upgrading to 1.5.2 doesn't work.
In version 1.5.1 --> options --> update cutenews doesn't work (No update: Error while receiving update file).
I've dowloaded the zip file of version 1.5.2, extract and copied the files to the server, files are replaced.
Then i run the migration scritp but it says no folder 'data'.
Indeed there's no folder 'data'...should i make this folder and which files should i place in it...???
If i do a clean installation...which files are to be copied from the old version to the new version to get all the news, comment, archives etc...?? Permissions?
I want to upgrade to 1.5.2 because 1.5.1 says it has a security problem.
Thanks for an answer,
Frans

Re: upgrade problems

Please tell if you had duplicated files cdata before upgrading from 1.5.1 to 1.5.2? If yes change cdata to those in backup. If there are not duplicated files all your data were deleted by installation.
We're sorry for this.

Best regards,
CN Support team

Please tell if you had duplicated files cdata before upgrading from 1.5.1 to 1.5.2? If yes change cdata to those in backup. If there are not duplicated files all your data were deleted by installation.
We're sorry for this.

I've backup the whole directory, so i have duplicates...should i replace all the files in cdata? ...or only non php files?

Yes, it's necessary to change from backup (current copy of cdata),i.e. copy all data over the installed cdata.

Best regards,
CN Support team

Yes, it's necessary to change from backup (current copy of cdata),i.e. copy all data over the installed cdata.

I did a clean installation in another directory and copy/overwrite all files of cdata of the backup to cdata in the new directory.
The problem is now that i can't add news or edit news..permisson problems????
add news isn't saying it's been saved and when i switch to edit news i can't see the new news.
permisson problems???? Which files do i have to change the permissions..."home" is saying all file permissions are correct.
...or is there another problem???

Thanks for your answers!!!

It can be a problem with rights - they can be changed. We recommend the following rights level: for files 664, for folders 775. If it doesn't work try for files 666, for folders 777. The last variant is less dangerous.

Best regards,
CN Support team

It can be a problem with rights - they can be changed. We recommend the following rights level: for files 664, for folders 775. If it doesn't work try for files 666, for folders 777. The last variant is less dangerous.

...both combinations doesn't work...
In both cases the news added seems to disappear in space and the window with title etc..appears again with the news i want to add.
when i switch to edit news no news item was added to the list.
If i want to change excisting news, i can edited the news, save changes, i get the same window with changes...changes are disappeared when i go to the same message in the list.
I see no message like "news was added" or "changes are saved"

...both combinations doesn't work...
In both cases the news added seems to disappear in space and the window with title etc..appears again with the news i want to add.
when i switch to edit news no news item was added to the list.
If i want to change excisting news, i can edited the news, save changes, i get the same window with changes...changes are disappeared when i go to the same message in the list.
I see no message like "news was added" or "changes are saved"

Also the combination...644 - 755 doesn't work, it works well with 1.5.1

9 (edited by 2013-02-05 18:44:50)

Also the combination...644 - 755 doesn't work, it works well with 1.5.1

Now I did an upgrade from version 1.5.1. I copied the files except the cdata directory.
same problem with add news and edit news.
I've replaced the files addnews.php and editnews.php in the inc directory with that of version 1.5.1.
I also copied replaces.php from version 1.5.2 to cdata...because it wasn't there in 1.5.1 and 1.5.0.
All permissions are correct...644 -755...
Yes...all seems to work now !!!!
Are the files addnews.php and editnews.php changed in v. 1.5.2 ???

The changed in 1.5.2 in addnews.php / editnews.php concerned only the function preview. If addition or editing of news appear because of this so try in addnews.php (version 1.5.2) add under the line
    // ********************************************************************************
    // Do add News to news.txt
    // ********************************************************************************

the following line

$preview = (REQ('preview') == 'preview') ? 'preview' : false;

In editnews.php after the line

// Detect
    if (REQ('saved','GETPOST') == 'yes') $saved_yes = 1;
    elseif (REQ('saved','GETPOST') == 'add') $saved_new = 1;

the line

If the problem disappears so it was caused by wrong variable transmission. If no, you can send us the file from ./cdata/log/error_dump.log. We'll try to solve the problem as soon as possible.

Best regards,
CN Support team

The changed in 1.5.2 in addnews.php / editnews.php concerned only the function preview. If addition or editing of news appear because of this so try in addnews.php (version 1.5.2) add under the line
    // Do add News to news.txt

the following line

In editnews.php after the line

// Detect
    if (REQ('saved','GETPOST') == 'yes') $saved_yes = 1;
    elseif (REQ('saved','GETPOST') == 'add') $saved_new = 1;

the line

If the problem disappears so it was caused by wrong variable transmission. If no, you can send us the file from ./cdata/log/error_dump.log. We'll try to solve the problem as soon as possible.

I inserted the lines in both 1.5.2 files. Works fine now...no problem adding and editing news. Thank you !!!