Topic: Changing language for days and months

Hi, went thru the whole forum, checked all repertories... no way I can find the Jan, Feb, Mar... of post dates to turn them into French. Word replacement doesn't work since if I put "mars" for "Mar" - for exemple - it's going to change it all over the document and not only in dates.

Can someone help ?

Thanks.

Re: Changing language for days and months

Hi, Change the language of the dates and abbreviations, use a text editor or any PHP editor and opens the file in the folder

<sup>cutenews/inc/functions.inc.php</sup>

(I recommend making a backup before modifying this file),

In the last lines are the dates, change them to your preferred language, double check the code after editing recalls that ; or closing } missing lines can cause problems.

Greetings!

In the latest revision on GitHub we've added new fields for formatting of dates {month}, {weekday} and etc. in the section Help/About > Internal Help Documentation / Template variables. If you want to change the names of the months use the pattern  {month|Jan,Feb,...,Dec}.

Best regards,
CN Support team

In the latest revision on GitHub we've added new fields for formatting of dates {month}, {weekday} and etc. in the section Help/About > Internal Help Documentation / Template variables. If you want to change the names of the months use the pattern  {month|Jan,Feb,...,Dec}.

Thx for your reply... but I must be really stupid. Checked the the help/about page, still can't figure out how to solve this problem. Where am I supposed to place the {month|Jan,Feb,...,Dec} thing so to get "Publié le 11 février 2013 par X" instead of "Publié le 11 Feb 2013 par X" (French version for "Posted by... on..." in news).

It's a template variable so open the template that you are using to display your news and add it where you have {date}.

Well, I'm sorry, I had tried that already but it didn't work. Must have ommitted a comma somewhere.

Thanks for your you help.

7 (edited by 2013-03-01 19:16:38)

Well, I'm sorry, I had tried that already but it didn't work. Must have ommitted a comma somewhere.

...maybe this helps you...options-->choose template, go to active news. (also full story and comments)

I've replaced {date} with
{weekday}, {day} {month|januari,februari,maart,april,mei,juni,juli,augustus,september,oktober,nov
ember,december} {year} om {hours}:{minite} uur.

you've to translate into French...

..now i want all in dutch, is that possible? weekday? and...minite, what's that? ...minute...:-)

8 (edited by 2013-03-12 04:45:31)