Topic: Editor Choice Reverts From CKEditor to Default

I have installed Cutenews 1.5.3 and have noticed an issue I don't understand re the news editor.  I have selected the CKEditor option ( I have used it in other products ie Confluence the Atlassian wiki).  What I have observed is that after a time, and currently I am testing and evaluating Cutenews, the editor seems to default to the standard editor from CKEditor the time isn't significant ie less than an hour and it reverts in this window.  Resetting the configuration to non CKEditor saving the changes, and then setting it to CKEditor and saving the changes sets the News Editor to CKEditor until it reverts at a later time.

So what am I missing, is this a bug or a by design behaviour, is there a setting I haven't used ?

Thoughts.

Re: Editor Choice Reverts From CKEditor to Default

Is $config_use_wysiwyg = "ckeditor";
being set in your cdata/config.php file?
Download a copy and look.
Check the write permissions on this file.

Is $config_use_wysiwyg = "ckeditor";
being set in your cdata/config.php file?
Download a copy and look.
Check the write permissions on this file.

I have the same issue.

$config_use_wysiwyg = "ckeditor"; in my config.php file.
The file permission is 777.

Same problem here. I checked the file permission (777), and also it's $config_use_wysiwyg = "ckeditor"; in the config.php file. What should I do? I've got no idea how could I solve this.

Hi everybody, I'm new here. I try to present some additional info here to hopefully get us over this annoying bug soon.

Seems to me that after I press Save Changes at about any tab in System Configuration, in General/Customize CKEditor field there are all single quotes escaped in CKEditor toolbar definitions. Turning WYSIWYG editor Off and back On corrects the problem, but I need to do that after every time I have done some changes in any of the System Configuration tabs. Im running a fresh test instance of CuteNews on commercial web server, Linux/Apache, PHP 5.3.14.

I exactly encounter the same bug too. Turning WYSIWYG editor Off and back On corrects the problem.
But my config.php file is 644, not 777.

Please give an example of configuration file when WYSYWIG doesn't work.

Best regards,
CN Support team