1 (edited by 2013-03-27 01:43:12)

Topic: cutenews is now broken and practically useless- why ?

Please see end post in this topic - - - newsmedia

Why have those behind Cutenews messed it up completely?

I have used Cutenews for years. Now it simply doesn't work.

I have not changed anything nor tried to update it from the previous to the current release.

And yet in the last week:
1. The CKEditor doesn't work. The paragraph format box is empty. The text size panel is empty. The images uploader/insert box doesn't work.

2. How has this changed when I have NOT updated it or changed any files myself?

3. The RSS feed no longer works.

It seems someone has made many changes that have completely broken the workings of this product.

Why??

Rgds

Re: cutenews is now broken and practically useless- why ?

Which version are you using? I also have used cutenews since the very first version. The latest version is the best yet.
I have three websites running 1.5.3 on three different servers. All work perfectly. As does version 1.4.7 on yet another server and 1.5.2 on another.
You say you have not changed anything but if cutenews has suddenly stopped working then something has changed. Has your server been updated? The version of PHP upgraded?

Which version are you using? I also have used cutenews since the very first version. The latest version is the best yet.
I have three websites running 1.5.3 on three different servers. All work perfectly. As does version 1.4.7 on yet another server and 1.5.2 on another.
You say you have not changed anything but if cutenews has suddenly stopped working then something has changed. Has your server been updated? The version of PHP upgraded?

Hi Damoor,

Thanks for your reply.

I was using the previous released version to 1.53. I have two website, as I relocated hosting to another website.
Without changing anything on the setup of Cutenews, it has stopped working correctly on both sites, with no discernible reason.

I will send you a PM with admin login details to the old installation which was working just fine up to two days ago. I am deleting the new site Cutenews to re-upload it from my local system as I know none of the files have changed at all.

Give me a few minutes please and I will PM you with the login details.

Rgds
Keith

Dear User!

Please send us more details regarding your issues, such as links, screenshots, logs. Then our programmers will be able to consider your query.

Best regards,
CN Support team

5 (edited by 2013-03-25 15:06:04)

Dear User!

Please send us more details regarding your issues, such as links, screenshots, logs. Then our programmers will be able to consider your query.

Hi

The log files are about 10MB !

I have attached a screenshot of the CKEditor open. None of the buttons function although they can be pressed. Note that the Format and Size drop down menus are empty - they stay that way when content is added.

https://cutephp.com/forum/uploads/monthly_03_2013/post-3081-1364223141.jpg

This issue started without warning a few days ago. I had not made any changes to any files and neither had anyone else.

If you would like to login as admin to see what is happening let me know and I will provide login details in a PM.

Hope you can help!

Rgds
Keith

6 (edited by 2013-03-27 03:02:32)

APOLOGIES TO THE CUTENEWS TEAM ! ! !

I am fuming at Microsoft - this is an INTERNET EXPLORER 10 BROWSER issue !!

I accidentally logged in using Google Chrome and hey presto the CKEditor toolbar is fully functional.

ENDNOTE:
Switching to Compatibility View in Internet Explore also restores the CKEditor full functionality.

I have to add however that upgrading the 1.5.3 again breaks the CKEditor and I have been unable to restore its functionality. As I result I intend to remain with v1.5.2 until this is sorted.

There is not a lot that the authors of cutenews can do about this. It is a problem with CK editor and Explorer 10.
The CKeditor forum suggests that you use:
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN">
or <!DOCTYPE html>
or force IE10 to use Standard mode via F12

Another reason why I don't use IE.

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

CutePHP Forums → Problem Solving / Help & Support → cutenews is now broken and practically useless- why ?