1 (edited by 2014-02-23 12:28:10)

Topic: Using 2 CuteNews in same web host?

Hi,

I have a question. I am wondering if it is possible to use 2 CuteNews in a single web hosting account of mine. The current CuteNews is installed in my public_html folder. I would like to install another CuteNews in the same account but under a folder called "newsite" in public_html since if I am not wrong when I create a new website and domain in my cPanel, it will create a new folder in public_html.

This is because I am intending to upgrade my webhosting plan to include unlimited domains so I can have more than one site.

Please advise.

P.S: I am using Hostgator.

Re: Using 2 CuteNews in same web host?

Hi,

To explain in a more detailed manner, is it possible to put two CuteNews into one web hosting account?

For example, CuteNews 1 is placed in root folder, public_html,  for website example.com. CuteNews 2 is placed in a sub folder of the root folder, public_html/example2, for the website example.com.

Will there be any conflicting issues with the two CuteNews?

Please advise. Need to know this quite urgently. Thank you.

You will probably get problems when both installations  use the same variables with only one installation of PHP.

4 (edited by 2014-02-25 02:37:25)

Hey,

Thanks for the response. How about if I restructure my web folder structure to,

CuteNews 1 placed under user/public_HTML for domain1.com
Cute news 2 placed under user/domain2/public_HTML for domain2.com

Will this still cause any issues?

Ask your host if subdomains have full php support. When you create the subdomain there may be an option to select this.

Hello,

What do you mean full PHP support? As far as I know the account is fully supported by PHP. The addon domain (or sub domain) should also have support for PHP.

What I learn from my host is that you can have 2 WordPress running fine in your main domain and a sub domain. This is why I am thinking that CuteNews should also be able to do that since WordPress is more complicated than CuteNews.

Then subdomains appear to be given full php support. Not all servers have this enabled. Try it and see.

Hi,

Thanks. It looks like there isn't any problem at all so far. I will report again here if I meet any conflicting issues. https://cutephp.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif