Topic: Help with translation

Hello, i want to know how i translate cutenews to deutch for example.
I tried a lot but none of them did work, please explain in steps, because im not very skilled to cutenews. :-)

Re: Help with translation

Hi i'am interessting in this, too.

in core/lang/ i found en.txt, how can i translate this to my language?
This file has 0 Byte...

Some Buttons, maybe in Comments, show english text (DELETE COMMENTS)
in the templet i use [delete]%cbox[/delete], but there is no chance, to translate the output...

same with {remember_me} tag, displaying text in english

Any point for a documentation?

I had the same problem when I was trying to translate it to Russian. And of course UTF-8 was not friendly in those places where you mentioned (remember me, add comment, ...) I also havent got a clue what en.txt is actually doing. I made one more empty file naming it ru.txt, it only showed me the location of where that script was used.
As for fixing "Remember me", "add comment".... I had to change all the files that have text UTF-8 or utf8 inside- to windows-1251 and windows1251  correspondingly; for doing this i used "Total Commander" - the programm that helped me to find the files containing utf-8, or utf8. After that, using "Notepad++" i quickly found the lines having that encoding and changed all that shit to my windows-1251 (cyrillic russian encoding). As far as i know Deutch language would be iso-8859-1 or windows-1252, don't know exactly.
After changing it, I went to Dashboard in Admin panel and unchecked 3 sections Use ...for ACP, Convert ... symbols to HTML entities, Convert ... symbols for comments. And it began to show russian letters correctly everywhere. It didn't take me too long. Thats how I did.

Hi i'am interessting in this, too.

in core/lang/ i found en.txt, how can i translate this to my language?
This file has 0 Byte...

Some Buttons, maybe in Comments, show english text (DELETE COMMENTS)
in the templet i use [delete]%cbox[/delete], but there is no chance, to translate the output...

same with {remember_me} tag, displaying text in english

Any point for a documentation?

Is there a way to translate CuteNews completely into german language? I want to use it on gutschein-24.eu

5 (edited by 2014-07-10 18:09:17)

Hi,
1. Open file: Core/includes/comments.php
On Line 122:  echo '<div class="cn_comment_submit"><input type="submit" value="Delete comments"/></div>';
Write "Delete comments" in your language.

2. Open file core\news.php
On Line 766:  $echo = '<input class="cn_comm_remember" type="checkbox" name="cn_remember_me" value="Y" /> '.i18n('Remember me').' ';
Write 'Remember me' in your language.

3. Open file skins/base/auth/login.php
On Line  27: <input id=rememberme type=checkbox value=yes style="border:0px;" name=rememberme>Remember Me</label>
Write Remember me in your language.

That the way how to translate CiteNews 2 to German. just finding the text in English in files and replace with words in your language.

Not simple, not quick, but its probably the only option.