1 (edited by 2014-03-13 18:31:39)

Topic: Two different templates on same page

I am having a strange problem on this webpage:

http://www.kwsc.org/news

The page includes the results of two different templates, each one using news from a different category. I have the routine news shown on the left panel, and more important news shown on the right panel.

The code for the news on the left is as follows:

<div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain' style='height:200px;white-space:pre;overflow:auto'><?PHP
$category = "1";
$number = "5";
$template = "kwsc-news";
include("content/show_news.php");
?></div>

and the code for the news on the right is as follows:

<div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain' style='height:200px;white-space:pre;overflow:auto'><?PHP
$category = "2";
$number = "0";
$template = "kwsc-right-column";
include("content/show_news.php");
?></div>

Everything seems to work fine, until you click the Next >> link at the bottom of the main news block. When you do, the next page of news gets shown in the right column.

Any ideas how I can fix this problem? I am using CuteNews version 2.0.

Re: Two different templates on same page

Did you update your CuteNews 2.0 with Github version?

Did you update your CuteNews 2.0 with Github version?

I am using version 2.0 (dated November 26, 2013) downloaded from www.cutephp.com

Please update your CuteNews 2.0 with the latest version in GitHub. This issue that you are facing right now had been fixed and resolved.

I have updated to the revised version 2.0 available on Github. After doing so, it still correctly shows the latest 5 posts, but the "NEXT >>" and "<< PREVIOUS" buttons that permitted the user to navigate to older posts has completely disappeared. How do I get the navigation buttons back?

Visit this, https://cutephp.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=44104

Follow step 9 and 10.

Visit this, https://cutephp.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=44104

Follow step 9 and 10.

Thanks. I've done that, but the navigation buttons have not returned. Any other ideas?

I was having a lot of problems with the pagination as well. Eventually I just had to copy/paste every file from GitHub into the files that I had on my end. Then do the migration.

It's a bit of a hassle.. but it did fix the missing pagination, as well as some other issues I had.

I tried again and this time deleted everything on my server except my cdata and uploads directories, then replaced all the files with the GitHub 2.0 version of CuteNews. I ran the post-migration index rebuild and got a message that said "UPDATE SUCCESS. REMOVE THIS FILE AFTER!".

After doing so there are still no pagination links. Anything else I can check?

The pagination should appear once you done that process. I personally had this issue too until I do that and it is fine on my end.

If it isn't a hassle, I suggest you to reinstall of everything and give it a try again.

I tried reinstalling everything except the cdata folder and still no luck. I had to go back to the original version to make it work again. I can't replace my cdata folder as I will lost all my news. What else can I do? This is a serious bug.