Topic: CN 2.0.1 Open news on different page

Hi everyone,

I have been a CN user for many years now but it's the first time I use CN 2.0.

When I wanted to open my news on a different page (for instance ?p=news instead of ?p=home where the headlines are displayed), I used $QUERY_STRING.

For instance :

on my home.php page :

<?php

$number = 1;
    $category = 1;
    $template = "headlines";
    $query_string = 'p=news';
    include("/var/www/upload/SAVEMORE/news/show_news.php");

?>

and on my news.php page :

<?php

$number = 5;
    $category = "1";
    include("/var/www/upload/SAVEMORE/news/show_news.php");

?>

My pages are displayed through php code : index.php/?p=news or index.php/?p=home, hence the QUERY_STRING.

But with CN 2.0, I can't make it work. I've searched through various forums but haven't found my answer yet.

Thanks for your time and help.
Sarah

Re: CN 2.0.1 Open news on different page

Hi everyone,

I have been a CN user for many years now but it's the first time I use CN 2.0.

When I wanted to open my news on a different page (for instance ?p=news instead of ?p=home where the headlines are displayed), I used $QUERY_STRING.

For instance :

on my home.php page :

and on my news.php page :

My pages are displayed through php code : index.php/?p=news or index.php/?p=home, hence the QUERY_STRING.

But with CN 2.0, I can't make it work. I've searched through various forums but haven't found my answer yet.

Thanks for your time and help.
Sarah

Dear Riri,

Could you kindly clarify whether you want news templates display differently depending on various parameters or the following condition to be executed:
if template = "headlines" then the news should display as on  news.php webpage?

Best regards,
CN Support team

Hi,

I encounter a similar problem while using CN 2.0.1. With an old version of CN it works fine.

On the home page, headlines are displayed. For this I use template y. This works fine.
When opening news it does not open on the same page with the display as on the x.php webpage (as it does with the old version of CN) but it opens on an new page.

$PHP_SELF = 'x.php';
$QUERY_STRING = '" target="main';
$template = "y";
$category = "1";
$number = "2";
include("login/show_news.php");

I'm trying to get this to work as well.  Did you have any luck getting this work?

Gary

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

CutePHP Forums → Problem Solving / Help & Support → CN 2.0.1 Open news on different page

The pun_antispam official extension is installed. Copyright © 2003–2009 PunBB.