Topic: Need help, do you know how?

Hi,

RewriteBase /
RewriteCond %{SCRIPT_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteCond %{SCRIPT_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteRule ^noticia/(\w+)/?$ index.php?subaction=showcomments&id=$1

That works really well for me and I changed the templates to /noticia/{news-id} so on index.php it shows mywebsi.te/noticia/813724numbers

Now I want the same with pagination

RewriteRule ^page/(\w+)/?$ index.php?start_from=$1

As in templates I use [prev-link], index.php still shows start_from and &ucat, I don't like it.
If I enter manually to mywebsi.te/page/3 it works, but how can I make that the numbers of the bottom pagination <pre> 1 2 3 <post> link directly to /page/2?

2. Speaking of pages, when I browse through pages the static headlines disappear. If I'm in an article mywebsi.te/noticia/173231727 the headlines are still where they have to, but when I go to the second page there's blank. So, I want the headlines to show up while in any page, not only the first.

3. The news ID are too big numbers and difficult to remember, how can I change the articles ID numbers to smaller ones? mywebsi.te/noticia/982362464 to /noticia/4 and when I create a new article then it's gonna be noticia/5.

Any help is very welcome.
Thank you so much.

Re: Need help, do you know how?

Dear soypobre,

We recommend that you use Dashboard > System configurations > Rewrite to get readable page titles in the query string. It will also change the display of pagination.
According to your points:

1. In you case there's no way to change the formation of links using templates. Although you can change the formation mechanism of pagination in the active_news.php file.

2. Do news titles disappears when you browse through comments? Could you kindly give us an example of what you mean for our better understanding?

3. Big numbers in ID news is Unix time stamp. They appear if news has been transferred from previous CuteNews versions, for other news the identificator should be short.

Best regards,
CN Support team