Topic: Cutenews 2.0.1: Captcha image not showing

I have installed Cutenews 2.0.1 on my laptop and website host server. Everything is working fine, except the captcha-image won't appear even in user registration (which should be always visible if I've understood the manual). It still shows the text "Captcha, click to refresh" where image is supposed to be. Also the Captcha-input form is visible. I have tested it with both custom template and the default template and with clean installation, still no luck.

Is there anything I can do to fix this, or is it a bug?

Re: Cutenews 2.0.1: Captcha image not showing

I have installed Cutenews 2.0.1 on my laptop and website host server. Everything is working fine, except the captcha-image won't appear even in user registration (which should be always visible if I've understood the manual). It still shows the text "Captcha, click to refresh" where image is supposed to be. Also the Captcha-input form is visible. I have tested it with both custom template and the default template and with clean installation, still no luck.

Is there anything I can do to fix this, or is it a bug?

Dear pistus,

Could you kindly specify the OS you currently use.

Best regards,
CN Support team

Dear pistus,

Could you kindly specify the OS you currently use.

Sure, my laptop uses Xubuntu 14.04 LTS and the server has CentOS 6. Both have Apache2 as a HTTP server daemon.

Sure, my laptop uses Xubuntu 14.04 LTS and the server has CentOS 6. Both have Apache2 as a HTTP server daemon.

Dear pistus,

Does the problem reproduce on the server? Please check whether the gd library is enabled on your laptop with Xubuntu.

Best regards,
CN Support team

[v2.02]

For anyone with that kind of problem. Some ftp managers likes to change size of letters during upload. If captcha's font name changes during that time, it will not link correctly with captcha.php setting:

var $fonts = array(
        'Heineken' => array('spacing' => 2, 'minSize' => 24, 'maxSize' => 34, 'font' => 'Heineken.ttf'),
    );

So check font's name (core>captcha>resources>fonts) or settings (core/captcha/captcha.php).

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

CutePHP Forums → Problem Solving / Help & Support → Cutenews 2.0.1: Captcha image not showing