Topic: "Incorrect news directory or CuteNews source version"

Migrating from 1.5.3 to 2.0.2 there is always this error: "Incorrect news directory or CuteNews source version".
What can I do?

Re: "Incorrect news directory or CuteNews source version"

Migrating from 1.5.3 to 2.0.2 there is always this error: "Incorrect news directory or CuteNews source version".
What can I do?

Dear Arashi,

You have either the migration source version (in the Migrate from field) indicated wrong or the incorrect path to the folder with the CuteNews 1.5.3 files (Path to old CN dir). The migrator cannot find the necessary files of the corresponding version to complete the migration.

Best regards,
CN Support team

The migration source is correct.
In the path I wrote: http://mysite/news/ ...

The migration source is correct.
In the path I wrote: http://mysite/news/ ...

You need to specify the physical path to the folders on the server. URL cannot be used for this purpose. Your path should look similar to:  /home/mysite/www/news .

Best regards,
CN Support team

You need to specify the physical path to the folders on the server. URL cannot be used for this purpose. Your path should look similar to:  /home/mysite/www/news .

Can't manage to upgrade from 1.5-2.02 Got it so far to maintenance-page where I suppose to write the correct path to old news dir .
I've tried thousands times with different combinations. The whole path suppose to be /home/users/dshells/mysite/html/cute/  where "cute" is my cutenews folder. Do I need the whole path or do I cut it somewhere.
I get always error:" Wrong directory or encoding "(that I have utf-8 as it's recommend)

6 (edited by 2014-12-05 10:16:21)

I've tried thousands times with different combinations. The whole path suppose to be /home/users/dshells/mysite/html/cute/  where "cute" is my cutenews folder. Do I need the whole path or do I cut it somewhere.
I get always error:" Wrong directory or encoding "(that I have utf-8 as it's recommend)

You need the whole path to your cutenews directory.
Create a file called phpinfo.php.
In it put

<?php phpinfo(); ?>

Upload it to  your server and run it. Then look for the Document_Root value under Apache Environment.
This will tell you the correct path to your root directory.

You need the whole path to your cutenews directory.
Create a file called phpinfo.php.
In it put

<?php phpinfo(); ?>

Upload it to  your server and run it. Then look for the Document_Root value under Apache Environment.
This will tell you the correct path to your root directory.

Big Thanks Damoor.
The path was same i thought but without slash in the end.
I got forward but now pagination has gone and all skandic letters are ruined . So I had take back again to 1.5 take a deep breath and try again some day.

now pagination has gone

After upgrade did you run  migration_update_indexes.php                                                   to fix pagination?

9 (edited by 2014-12-11 12:51:04)

After upgrade did you run  migration_update_indexes.php                                                   to fix pagination?

I don't know how to do that ?
Anyway before that I got more problems, I lost my news. Tried many times from beginning but can't get this work.
I tried this update just to correct the pagination which did not work correct (shows only one link backwards, so i can see only the first page of news , all links goes to a same page)
So I  give hands up and downgrade to 1.5. and then move to Tumblr.
But Thanks again Damoor for Your help and patience.
Edit.
Pagination problem solved. Got a hint from another topic and updated PHP-version.