Topic: My thoughts on the new cutenews

IT TOTALLY SUCKS!
I don't understand why it has been created to be a dead application.

Full story doesn't work. The title gives link to the category even if the news doesn't have a category.
Categories are not linked...they have parent categories but u can't use the "Memo" function to create links...it still uses category id in the link and links are terribly long!!!

It could have been way better then WordPress but u guys decided to keep it a bad application.

I'm sorry but I give it 0 stars!

Re: My thoughts on the new cutenews

Sincerly, you're a looser... because CN is a really good CMS, I prefer it to wordpress.

I give you a 0 star https://cutephp.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

IT TOTALLY SUCKS!
I don't understand why it has been created to be a dead application.

Full story doesn't work. The title gives link to the category even if the news doesn't have a category.
Categories are not linked...they have parent categories but u can't use the "Memo" function to create links...it still uses category id in the link and links are terribly long!!!

It could have been way better then WordPress but u guys decided to keep it a bad application.

I'm sorry but I give it 0 stars!

Dear User,

Please indicate the CuteNews version you're using.
Could you kindly give us examples on what you want to do with the help of categories.
Also, please give us more details on what you don't have working in Full story.

Best regards,
CN Support team

I prefere CuteNews to WordPress too but I don't understand why for example u can't automatically create a navigation menu with the categories so that u have pages/sections automatically created...

I've downloaded the latest version - 2.0.1. The fullstory now works but categories are not linked and in the rewrite friendly link there's no way to show the category...

Also I don't understand the Memo thing in the category section it sais "alternative for name (visual)". It should be useful for the rewrite or linked categories but it's useful!

I prefere the old cutenews with hacks done by users. The new thing had to be build with those elements...it could be a very huge application but to me nowdays it is not because it's like it gives u more work (create a new page put the template, if I need to add a new voice in the navigation menu I have to go to add it in all the pages...)....

U guys really need to add more useful stuff to go against wordpress - I hate it...I've never used it....but I thought cutenews would have helped us a lot more giving us less work.

I prefere CuteNews to WordPress too but I don't understand why for example u can't automatically create a navigation menu with the categories so that u have pages/sections automatically created...

I've downloaded the latest version - 2.0.1. The fullstory now works but categories are not linked and in the rewrite friendly link there's no way to show the category...

Also I don't understand the Memo thing in the category section it sais "alternative for name (visual)". It should be useful for the rewrite or linked categories but it's useful!

I prefere the old cutenews with hacks done by users. The new thing had to be build with those elements...it could be a very huge application but to me nowdays it is not because it's like it gives u more work (create a new page put the template, if I need to add a new voice in the navigation menu I have to go to add it in all the pages...)....

U guys really need to add more useful stuff to go against wordpress - I hate it...I've never used it....but I thought cutenews would have helped us a lot more giving us less work.

CuteNews cannot be considered a CMS in every way. Our product shouldn't be compared to a blogging engine like WordPress. We offer a tool allowing for managing news flow on a hosting having no DBMS.

We will take into account your suggestion to add a feature to automatically create a navigation menu with categories.

Currently, you can use categories as news filters to build navigation. For instance, for a “football” category on your website you can create the football.php webpage, where you can indicate:

<?php
$category=2; //football in cutenews categoryes
include('show_news.php');
?>

A pathway to this webpage might look like: http://mysite.com/news/football.php
Then, using the rewrite feature on the server you can give this path a plausible view or embed this code into the template of your CMS.

Using this way of building navigation, you can use various templates for different categories, display settings and so on.
Thank you for your feedback.

Best regards,
CN Support team

6 (edited by 2014-08-07 13:15:47)

Thanks for the answer. That's how I've always used CuteNews...I love cutenews because I'm free to create my layouts and I'm free to give each category a different template but I hate the fact that I have to create directories and pages on my server and set category to each pages...that's what I don't like and that's why I think that it would be great to give it a more similar vibe to WordPress.
In time, I thought, it would have been improved and being more competitive...and would be awesome if each category could have a template that people could select directly from the dashboard options...
in this way we could create pages with categories in our directories and automatically give the template because the category controls everything by the Category section in the Dashboard  - I don't know if u understand what I mean...

Also I think that the ReWrite sould be improved giving to people the chance to use the word that they want or the cutenews variables...so that people can build the link to a full-story as they prefere simply putting these

/{category}/{page_alias}

Oh...another question...how can I import old news from the previews cutenews, which means from the "news.txt" file to the new cutenews? I noticed it doesn't have a "news.txt" anymore.
Also the {avatar} function was very useful...add the avatar picture...I used to use it in the shortstory... https://cutephp.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif

And how can I totally change language to the whole cutenews thing? I can't change language to the CKeditor or Cutenews itself.

Oh...another question...how can I import old news from the previews cutenews, which means from the "news.txt" file to the new cutenews? I noticed it doesn't have a "news.txt" anymore.
Also the {avatar} function was very useful...add the avatar picture...I used to use it in the shortstory... https://cutephp.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif

And how can I totally change language to the whole cutenews thing? I can't change language to the CKeditor or Cutenews itself.

In Dashboard > Maintenance you can find how to migrate from previous versions of CuteNews. How to create your own localization you can find here: https://cutephp.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=44369

Best regards,
CN Support team

In Dashboard > Maintenance you can find how to migrate from previous versions of CuteNews. How to create your own localization you can find here: https://cutephp.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=44369

I tried to migrate but it doesn't imported anything. It always gives me 0 imported news, category, users...

I tried to migrate but it doesn't imported anything. It always gives me 0 imported news, category, users...

Could you kindly give us more details on what you did when migrating.

Best regards,
CN Support team

10 (edited by 2014-08-27 07:10:04)

I did everything on the instructions...but anyway I totally put 2.0.1 losing everything.

Now, how do I upgrade from 2.0.1 to 2.0.2?

Now, how do I upgrade from 2.0.1 to 2.0.2?

You need to download version 2.0.2 from the website, install it and perform migration from version 2.0.1. The update operation is standard. Before migrating the configurations, it's better to backup the configurations of the newly installed version 2.0.2.

Best regards,
CN Support team

12 (edited by 2014-08-28 12:59:23)

Migration done. Templates haven't been migrated but fortunately I did the backup on 2.0.1 so I had them back.

I still don't get the page navigation on my page but it does appear on the example.php in cutenews directory.

Still sucks and my suggestions haven't been added.

This is the code I have:

<?php

$template = "Maggio_2014-news";
    $number = 13;
    $category = "2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10";
    include("/web/htdocs/www.**********.it/home/cutenews/show_news.php");
?>

I have set 0 in "Count active news, by default" in News (System Configuration) and "Disable pagination" is unchecked.

2.0.2 works perfectly. I am very happy. In compare with my old 1.4.6 this is really a big positive change, very usefull and many steps forward.

Migration done. Templates haven't been migrated but fortunately I did the backup on 2.0.1 so I had them back.

I still don't get the page navigation on my page but it does appear on the example.php in cutenews directory.

Still sucks and my suggestions haven't been added.

This is the code I have:

I have set 0 in "Count active news, by default" in News (System Configuration) and "Disable pagination" is unchecked.

What version are you trying to migrate from? How do you perform the migration process? How do you install CuteNews 2.0.2? What operating system do you use on the server?

Best regards,
CN Support team

15 (edited by 2014-10-06 13:21:26)

I understand that I'm not english but my messages are ALWAYS VERY CLEAR!!

Forget about that I've fixed by myself!!

1 new point is here.

Since the CKEditor that u added SUCKS I wanted to know how can I install the version that I've downloaded from their website (which is my way more complete than the version that you added and it has the various languages).

I've downloaded the CKFinder plugin but it doesn't work!!

Really guys...u made cutenews sucks!!!! And u're loosing a lot of people who would think about going premium!!

How the hell I add CKeditor plugins on tooldbar...how the hell I can change language to ckeditor....??
How do I delete that effing <p> tags on ckeditor....really guys...I'm really getting tired of you!!

16 (edited by 2014-10-08 06:58:35)

CKEditor has been specially adapted for CuteNews, and therefore it should work out of the box, including the CKFinder plugin from https://cutephp.com/cutenews/plugins.php. You can find brief instructions in the plug-in package.
Not all languages have been included in the installation package not to occupy too much space. The official support is only in English. If you need an additional language, you can download it to the core / ckeditor folder from the official CKEditor website.
After that, you need to change the language in the core / core.php file, in line 3494 (this feature will be included in the next minor version), from the 'en' language to any other available language.

Best regards,
CN Support team

Hello,
I'd like to ask help too so I'm going to post my request in this topic because it seems to be the only active post read by support team.

I have a problem in the version 2.0.2. I have 12 active news and a lot of archived news. I set up cutenews to display 5 news per page, which means I'm supposed to have page 1, 2 and 3 at the bottom in the pagination. Instead of that, I have 41 pages!! Which correspond with my whole news (active + archives).
So when I go on page 4, it says "No entries to show"

How do I fix that please??

Hello,
I'd like to ask help too so I'm going to post my request in this topic because it seems to be the only active post read by support team.

I have a problem in the version 2.0.2. I have 12 active news and a lot of archived news. I set up cutenews to display 5 news per page, which means I'm supposed to have page 1, 2 and 3 at the bottom in the pagination. Instead of that, I have 41 pages!! Which correspond with my whole news (active + archives).
So when I go on page 4, it says "No entries to show"

How do I fix that please??

We read the whole forum and reply as promptly as possible.
Concerning your question, if you migrated news from the old version to 2.0.2 version, then the problem of pagination display can be fixed by running the migration_update_indexes.php script.

Best regards,
CN Support team

I did it and It didn't fix anything.

Thanks for your help.

I did it and It didn't fix anything.

Thanks for your help.

The error has been fix. Please upgrade your version from github.

Best regards,
CN Support team

Indeed, it works! Cool!
Thank you!

22 (edited by 2014-11-18 22:43:06)

I have the latest version of the CN (2.0.2) taken October 28, 2014.
In addition, I replaced all the files downloaded from github . Unfortunately, no positive changes are not noticed.
Still display all articles, not just active.
In addition, the archive when you select any of these options are only those of the archive, but the pagination include all pages, even quite empty.
Please see how it looks live www.tutw.com.pl tutw.com.pl

I have the latest version of the CN (2.0.2) taken October 28, 2014.
In addition, I replaced all the files downloaded from github . Unfortunately, no positive changes are not noticed.
Still display all articles, not just active.
In addition, the archive when you select any of these options are only those of the archive, but the pagination include all pages, even quite empty.
Please see how it looks live www.tutw.com.pl tutw.com.pl

Could you show the part of the code where you embed show_news.php.

Best regards,
CN Support team

24 (edited by 2014-11-19 07:41:51)

Could you show the part of the code where you embed show_news.php.

<div style="background:url('grafika/zgorzelec3.jpg'); margin:10px; padding:10px;">
<div class="banner">Aktualności</div>

<?php
  $number = "5";
include("cutenews/show_news.php");
?>

</div>

<div style="background:url('grafika/zgorzelec3.jpg'); margin:10px; padding:10px;">
<div class="banner">Aktualności</div>

<?php
  $number = "5";
include("cutenews/show_news.php");
?>

</div>

Try to run the migration_update_indexes.php script.

Best regards,
CN Support team

Pages 1 2 Next

You must login or register to post a reply

CutePHP Forums → Script Feedback and Suggestion → My thoughts on the new cutenews