1 (edited by 2014-08-22 15:09:26)

Topic: User manager does not seem to work

Hi,

I am observing a number of issues with the User Manager (Users Manager):

1) I only have a button Add there so I wonder who I can delete a user. There is a checkbox for that but I am not seeing any button to confirm this.
2) The whole User Manager does not seem to do anything as nothing happens when I click the button Add, independent of what I fill in the fields.
3) When clicking on the different groups I do not see any users even though there are registered users who are able to log into the tool.

Everything else seems to work.

Has someone observed this as well or do you know a fix or workaround for this ?

Many thanks for any help with this, Tim.

Re: User manager does not seem to work

Works O.K. here in the latest version of cutenews.
Make sure you are logged in as Admin.
Select the 'Delete Current User?' checkbox and then click on Edit.

Hi,

I am observing a number of issues with the User Manager (Users Manager):

1) I only have a button Add there so I wonder who I can delete a user. There is a checkbox for that but I am not seeing any button to confirm this.
2) The whole User Manager does not seem to do anything as nothing happens when I click the button Add, independent of what I fill in the fields.
3) When clicking on the different groups I do not see any users even though there are registered users who are able to log into the tool.

Everything else seems to work.

Has someone observed this as well or do you know a fix or workaround for this ?

Many thanks for any help with this, Tim.

I can not see the list of registered users at bottom (username, regdate, access), it only shows empty rows in a table form at bottom (Snapshot Attached). I am facing this problem after uploading cutenews on server (Cutenews at Server), at localhost it works fine. Is this a permission problem? I have set cdata folder to 777 attribute.

An earlier response would be highly appreciated, thanks.

4 (edited by 2014-10-20 13:49:30)

What OS is installed on your local computer and on your server? Please check if you copied all files correcly in the cdata. Do usernames consist of Latin characters?

Best regards,
CN Support team

5 (edited by 2014-10-20 17:13:41)

Its windows 7 on local computer and linux (CentOS) on server. Yes I double checked, uploaded the files again, and the issue is persistent. I use the basic username Admin and still it shows blank rows on server. Is there a specific file that I should look for?

Just an addition, after I upload the cutenews folder to server, I change the attribute of cdata folder to 777, as without it I get the error -- Can't save data at [$bk] -- on posting comments

On Server,

<tr >
 <td width="400px"><a href="<?=(isset($user['name'])? cn_url_modify('user_name='.$user['name']):''); ?>"><?=(isset($user['name'])? cn_htmlspecialchars($user['name']):''); ?></td>
 <td align="center"><?=(isset($user['id'])? date('Y-m-d H:i', $user['id']):''); ?></td>
 <td align="center"><?=(isset($user['cnt'])?intval($user['cnt']):0); ?></td>
 <td align="center"><?=(isset($user['acl'])&& isset($grp[ $user['acl'] ]['N'])? cn_htmlspecialchars(ucfirst($grp[ $user['acl'] ]['N'])):''); ?></td>
</tr>

6 (edited by 2014-11-11 11:21:38)

Um... How doesn't it work? Does it give out an error? Or nothing happens? What cutenews version you have?

If you are looking for fast success in 700-037 practice exam questions then join today to find complete CISCO resources and pass University of Cambridge.

No Error, nothing happens, just empty rows, cutenews v2.0.2

Good Day!

How can I do this because v2.0.2  is error to my PC.

Thanks.

No Error, nothing happens, just empty rows, cutenews v2.0.2

Good Day!

How can I do this because v2.0.2  is error to my PC.

Thanks.

You need to check PHP log errors on your web-server. Probably, you will have there error messages that will help you solve the problem.

Best regards,
CN Support team

You need to check PHP log errors on your web-server. Probably, you will have there error messages that will help you solve the problem.

How can I access php error logs? help please ...
Is there any other way around to know what could be the problem?

How can I access php error logs? help please ...
Is there any other way around to know what could be the problem?

You need to contact your hosting provider, they should help you get access to the php error logs on your website.

Best regards,
CN Support team