Topic: CN 2.0.1. open news on same instead of new page

Hi,

After moving a website to an other provider and using CN 2.0.1. instead of an older version, the website behaves differently at one point:

On the home page, headlines are displayed. For this I use template y. This works fine.
When opening news the news is displayed on a new page. Instead it should open on the home page (as it does with the old version of CN).

$PHP_SELF = 'x.php';
$QUERY_STRING = '" target="main';
$template = "y";
$category = "1";
$number = "2";
include("login/show_news.php");

The following fix is already in place:
https://github.com/CuteNews/cutenews-2. … 2040310579

2 (edited by 2014-12-01 17:21:20)

Re: CN 2.0.1. open news on same instead of new page

Hi,

After moving a website to an other provider and using CN 2.0.1. instead of an older version, the website behaves differently at one point:

On the home page, headlines are displayed. For this I use template y. This works fine.
When opening news the news is displayed on a new page. Instead it should open on the home page (as it does with the old version of CN).

$PHP_SELF = 'x.php';
$QUERY_STRING = '" target="main';
$template = "y";
$category = "1";
$number = "2";
include("login/show_news.php");

The following fix is already in place:
https://github.com/CuteNews/cutenews-2. … 2040310579

The URL with the fix is not working (anymore). Could someone please, post how to fix it on this forum instead (or a working URL)? I've searched a lot (and still do) but I can't find any solution yet.

/Eric

Just installed CN 2.0.2. This problem still exists.

this is what i have currently on my page and once i hit either news feeds it will show the news in the top section before the HR not after it... it would show the news on both if i had not added the "Static = true" on the last one... so ... i dunno what your tring to work with or somthing but it shows on the same page so long as you have the templates setup for full and short news feeeds... as that is where i had to change how it looked to match both full and short... while keeping that i only use the short not the full... that is used for my image gallery

<?php

$template = "front-page-content";
    $category = "2";
    include("cn/show_news.php");

?>

<hr />

<?php

$template = "newscroller";
    $category = "3";
    $static = TRUE;
    include("cn/show_news.php");

?>