1 (edited by 2015-01-06 18:03:24)

Topic: @SYSLOG: INTERNAL ERROR[2]

I installed the current version of CuteNews. I used CuteNews years ago the last time I had a website. Anyway, instead of the posts showing up where they should, I get "@SYSLOG: INTERNAL ERROR[2]".

This is the code I have:

<?php
                    $category = "1";
                    include("cutenews/show_news.php");
                ?>

I saw somewhere that using this code helped somebody else:

<?php
                    $category = "1";
                    $only_active = TRUE;
                    $static = TRUE; 
                    include("cutenews/show_news.php");
                ?>

Unfortunately, I tried it and, while it does display the posts, it only shows the short story, and the link to the full story does not work.

Help? I really don't understand why it is doing this. Like I said, I used an older version of CuteNews years ago and never had this problem.

EDIT//

I searched this site for anywhere that might have something about that error. I found one post where someone was having trouble with that error and the search page. So I got curious and removed the separate include I had for the search bar. The posts all show up now. So there is some kind of problem with the search function, at least for me.

This is the code I had with the search bar:

<?php
     include("cutenews/search.php");
?>

I had two separate php includes for the search bar and the news posts below.

I'm not too clear on what the response was to this person's question, but it also seems that maybe I can't have both the search bar and the news on the same page? Do I really need to make a separate search page?

Re: @SYSLOG: INTERNAL ERROR[2]

The error @SYSLOG: INTERNAL ERROR[2] occurs when news identifier is transmitted incorrectly when trying to go to the full news via a link.
Probably the reason for that is search.php intercepting the processing if news identifier. To avoid this problem and use the search box on the page with news you can use the following way: https://cutephp.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=44564

Best regards,
CN Support team