1 (edited by 2015-02-16 05:33:01)

Topic: Dec 31 1969 error - can't post new news content

Hi - I got this error 3 times and it completely prevents me from posting new news. The articles don't display and the only thing that does display is "by on Dec 31 1969"

Template is correct - I'm not doing anything fancy. Only the date variable is showing up!

Live example: http://www.japanyay.com/ running CN 2.0.2

Re: Dec 31 1969 error - can't post new news content

How many news items do you have? Are news dates in Dashboard displayed correctly? Try running the migration_update_indexes.php script, which can be found in the cutenews working directory.

Best regards,
CN Support team

How many news items do you have? Are news dates in Dashboard displayed correctly? Try running the migration_update_indexes.php script, which can be found in the cutenews working directory.

Around 150~

Dates are displayed correctly in the dashboard.

I had to restore a day old copy of cutenews in order to fix this. The bug will happen again eventually and I have no idea what triggers it.

What does  migration_update_indexes.php do?

Do you perform any manipulations with the CuteNews code? migration_update_indexes.php recreates  indexes in the database of news, and this operation may affect the display of dates.

Best regards,
CN Support team

Do you perform any manipulations with the CuteNews code? migration_update_indexes.php recreates  indexes in the database of news, and this operation may affect the display of dates.

No, it's 2.0.2 with just some Template changes for the news display. No editing of any PHP files. Would running this PHP file help if this happens in the future?

I could zip up my instance of cutenews if this would help troubleshoot. Appreciate the help so far, I've been using cutenews for various projects since 2004.