Topic: Category ID and Parent

Just checking as there is no documentation on this. Well there is but no mention of Parent.

If I want to group several categories under a parent do I create a new category to be used as the parent category. Next I create the categories to be placed in the parent category by selecting the parent category. Trying this I see the parent category listed and the two categories placed underneath with prefixed with a hyphen. Is that correct?

At present I have not added the website files as they are still being modified. I have used Add News though to to see what the new arrangement for categories looks like. Seems like a useful addition. My o0ther CuteNews websites have up to 70 categories so it will be easier to find a category.

If I add a news item to the parent category does it mean that it will be added to all the child categories?

Re: Category ID and Parent

Trying this I see the parent category listed and the two categories placed underneath with prefixed with a hyphen. Is that correct?

Yes, it's correct.

If I add a news item to the parent category does it mean that it will be added to all the child categories?

No.

Best regards,
CN Support team

Re: Category ID and Parent

Yes, it's correct.

No.

Thanks https://cutephp.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif