Topic: Relocation Cutenews

Hi.

What you need to copy when moving Cutenews?
I would like to have the news that have been and my templates.

ver. 2.0.2

Best regards

Re: Relocation Cutenews

The whole thing:)  But cdata holds some information and another folder which i am sure someone will post to tell you but i am sure that cdata is needed

To transfer CuteNews to a new host you need to either copy the entire working directory of CuteNews or transfer only the cdata and uploads folders. For templates to be transferred correctly, you need to copy the config.php file. After the transfer process is over, you need to go to Dashboard and adjust all the paths to the folders in System Configurations to check if they have been changed.

Best regards,
CN Support team

4 (edited by 2015-07-23 15:18:58)

To transfer CuteNews to a new host you need to either copy the entire working directory of CuteNews.

Unfortunately, in my case it doesn't work: some news, especially the latest, were transferred normally, but most of them had lost titles and text, leaving only the wrong (01-01-1970) dates.

CuteNews 2.0.2

Archiving is not enabled, read/write access is granted, catalog 'news' has the same size as the original, but some time later there new files appear with this inside: '<?php die('Direct call - access denied'); ?>'. They have wrong (unexisting before) dates in their names.

I tried to delete all news and to restore it from backup. It didn't help either.

Seems like an a difference between versions of PHP is matter (from 5.4.36 to 5.4.39). It works perfectly on the old server even now.

It is trying to access the next day after needed and fails and creates a new empty file.
Var $location is passed to db_news_load incorrectly (+1 day) from hlp_req_cached_nloc function.

For some strange reason in the old server files of news were created with date one day less than needed. So I had to rename every of them, adding one day to it. And it began to work. Something with dating settings on server or PHP, I don't know.

May be that helps someone.