1 (edited by 2015-03-09 18:45:37)

Topic: Link in template file query

Hi

Still trying to grasp what does what in version Cutenews 2.0.2. 

<div style="width: 300px; word-wrap: break-word; float: left"><strong>[link]{title}[/link]</strong></div>

This code putss a link to the same news article? It also, if clicked shows unwanted detail about the user. Well that is only visible when the Cutenews user is logged in. Accessing the news article as an Internet user provides an opportunity to add a comment. But, I have removed the option to add a comment in one of my templates so what is going on?

And, what is this link for. I am a CuteNews !.4.6 user so version 2.0.2 is new to me. In version 1.4.6 there is an option to link to a news article. Where has that option gone?

Geoff

2 (edited by 2015-03-09 19:18:15)

Re: Link in template file query

Hi

<div style="width: 300px; word-wrap: break-word; float: left"><strong>[link]{title}[/link]</strong></div>

This code putss a link to the same news article? It also, if clicked shows unwanted detail about the user. Well that is only visible when the Cutenews user is logged in. Accessing the news article as an Internet user provides an opportunity to add a comment. But, I have removed the option to add a comment in one of my templates so what is going on?

And, what is this link for. I am a CuteNews !.4.6 user so version 2.0.2 is new to me. In version 1.4.6 there is an option to link to a news article. Where has that option gone?

Geoff

Do you want create an link to the full-story of the article?

Do you want create an link to the full-story of the article?

Hi Perry. no I usually only use short story, owing to some bug in 1.4.6

Hi

Geoff

In which template do you apply this structure?

Best regards,
CN Support team

In which template do you apply this structure?

That line of code is part of the default template.

No Perry that doesn't work. I have replied after you having missed your reply. Sorry about that I still cannot get email updates from the forum.