1 (edited by 2015-03-23 01:37:25)

Topic: Mod Rewrite Engine

Hey,

I am new to htaccess and the rewrite option.

What actually I have to do with this rewirte option int he system configuration?

I turned it on and what now? The link changed from

http://x-invest.net/tippstricks.php?id=myarticle

to: http://x-invest.net/tippstricks/myarticle.html

and I get a 404 error. What next?

I see no documentation to this and no topic!

Best Regards
Peter

Re: Mod Rewrite Engine

You need to check whether the .htaccess file is located in the right directory. Probably, the server identifies the path incorrectly. Please check whether the rules used in your cms contradict the ones of .htaccess.

Best regards,
CN Support team

You need to check whether the .htaccess file is located in the right directory. Probably, the server identifies the path incorrectly. Please check whether the rules used in your cms contradict the ones of .htaccess.

No its correct: /var/www/vhosts/x-invest.net/httpdocs/.htaccess

My question is: What I have to write in this htaccess?

I found this in google:

# --- CUTENEWS[ST]
RewriteEngine ON
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /admin/scripts/artikelsystem/show_news.php?cn_rewrite_url=$1 [L]
# --- CUTENEWS[ED]

Why can I not find any documentation to this?

What next, where is the layout file?

What should I write in the layout file?

Header
What should stay here?
Footer

I found this in google:

Why can I not find any documentation to this?

What next, where is the layout file?

What should I write in the layout file?

In CuteNews, the htaccess file is generated automatically and you don't have to know what to write in this file if you're not an expert, and that's the reason why there's no documentation for CN. If you need to know what and how to write in the htaccess file, please refer to the official documents .
When enabling rewrite in CN, you just need to make sure that the htaccess file is created in the right place and is processed by the server, as for the the rest, CN converts all the paths to the news  automatically.

Best regards,
CN Support team

6 (edited by 2015-03-31 07:55:10)

In CuteNews, the htaccess file is generated automatically and you don't have to know what to write in this file if you're not an expert, and that's the reason why there's no documentation for CN.

That was the funniest reason I ever heard in my life for "not giving a documentation".

If you need to know what and how to write in the htaccess file, please refer to the official documents .

OMG, I already used htacces in my life many times and I was setting up mod rewrite for my forum successfuly, thank you.

When enabling rewrite in CN, you just need to make sure that the htaccess file is created in the right place and is processed by the server, as for the the rest, CN converts all the paths to the news  automatically.

Yes, I will look for the htaccess. Maybe it will be created in the cutenews folder? Hm, I guess that would be ONE of many explainations good for a documentation, you can not create because "it is only for experts". Maybe that's the reason: There would be more experts, who could set up rewrite enginge IF YOU WOULD create a documentation on this.

Okay, I realy have to say, I tried this forum many many times hoping for REAL support and now, after getting only POINTERS from you, then waiting another week for the next response I give up!

You simple answered not a single one of my questions. I dont know, If you realy not read them, because you dont take the time for your users or maybe you don't have the talent for doing support.

So I go and take my questions with me, because I found nothing about the "layout file" in this whole forum or in google, BUT it should be created somewhere, somehow, because I have to use a path to it in the admin panel - GREAT!

I ask and I ask and I ask and I get only answers like this - realy?

And another topic from me, waiting for response for an 404 error page: 0 replies. Thank you for nothing.

There is simple no 404 function in your script and I am nearly right before deleting this script, because the support seems to be in the same quality as some functions of this script, which has a great potential but the transformation in reality is a little bit abnormaly like the so called "support".

Good Bye!

PS. My last statement: Auto-generated htaccess can not work on every server. Think about it very deep!

What is most funny on this thread is that:

- First I asked you what I have to write in the .htacces => I found it by myself!

- Then I set up my already EXISTING htacces with the neccessary rewrite enging, NOT created!

- Then I asked you WHERE IS THE LAYOUT FILE - BECAUSE and here it comes: my redirected article are WITHOUT DESIGN!

And you tell me about something something, offtopic, something!

Do you know your own script?

Login -> Go to "Dashboard" -> then Rewrite ->

Read line 3:
Real path to your layout file
e.g. /home/userdir/www/layout.php

SO LAST TRY:

Where is a model, a template, a pattern, a EXAMPLE of this file!?

And yes, users need an example doesnt matter if they are experts or not!

Layout file is the file where show_news.php is located.

Rewrite Engine works the following way:

1. A .htaccess file is created in the root, where the rewrite rules are written only for CuteNews, not for users.
2. A link in the form of /myarticle.html is generated.
3. Now (and that is important) all articles in the form of /myarticle.html will be displayed the same way as if example.php? Page_alias = myarticle was requested.

This is the logic of Cutenews Rewrite functioning.

So the layout file is that very file is in the mechanism of Cutenews Rewrite Engine, which makes all queries go exactly there. Any queries that are built correctly.

As to the layout that does not work, when Rewrite is enabled, paths to News get wrong all the time and at the same time there should not be used any relative links like href = "css.css", but only precise links to the website in the form of "/css/css.css".

Best regards,
CN Support team

9 (edited by 2015-09-17 10:12:10)

Okay I'm just getting crazy....I've installed a new cutenews in my space and instead of creating a new htaccess in the main folder it get the one located in the main folder where the main cutenews works!!
How can I change the root path to the second .htaccess cutenews?!?!

Example

Main CuteNews locaded in "home/cutenews"
/web/htdocs/www.****.***/home/.htaccess

Second CuteNews located in "home/private-area/cutenews" gets this .htaccess path
/web/htdocs/www.****.***/home/.htaccess

instead of
/web/htdocs/www.****.***/home/private-area/.htaccess

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

CutePHP Forums → Problem Solving / Help & Support → Mod Rewrite Engine

The pun_antispam official extension is installed. Copyright © 2003–2009 PunBB.