Topic: Unable to get past login screen

CuteNews version: 2.0.3

I performed a clean install of CuteNews 2.0.3 on my server and got the initial setup screen.  The permission check showed all OK. 
I created the initial admin account and entered the domain name on the next screen.
Now I'm back at the regular login screen where I try to login with the admin account I just created.  After entering the user name and password I just get sent back to the login screen with the two text boxes cleared out.

No error messages are displayed. 
If I intentionally enter the wrong password I get the error "Invalid password or login", but if I enter the correct password: nothing.
I enabled the display errors and error reporting in core/init.php and still do not get any error messages.

When I look in the cdata folder on the server I see the files conf.php and users.txt
When I look in cdata/users I see the files 64.php, 68.php, e7.php, users.txt, and a file with just .php on the end but no name.

For additional testing I performed a clean install of 2.0.2 and I was able to create the initial admin account and login with it and reach the Dashboard.
With 2.0.2 when I look in cdata/users I see the files 64.php, 68.php, 96.php, and users.txt
The unnamed file with just the .php extension on the end is not there.

Re: Unable to get past login screen

CuteNews version: 2.0.3

I performed a clean install of CuteNews 2.0.3 on my server and got the initial setup screen.  The permission check showed all OK. 
I created the initial admin account and entered the domain name on the next screen.
Now I'm back at the regular login screen where I try to login with the admin account I just created.  After entering the user name and password I just get sent back to the login screen with the two text boxes cleared out.

No error messages are displayed. 
If I intentionally enter the wrong password I get the error "Invalid password or login", but if I enter the correct password: nothing.
I enabled the display errors and error reporting in core/init.php and still do not get any error messages.

When I look in the cdata folder on the server I see the files conf.php and users.txt
When I look in cdata/users I see the files 64.php, 68.php, e7.php, users.txt, and a file with just .php on the end but no name.

For additional testing I performed a clean install of 2.0.2 and I was able to create the initial admin account and login with it and reach the Dashboard.
With 2.0.2 when I look in cdata/users I see the files 64.php, 68.php, 96.php, and users.txt
The unnamed file with just the .php extension on the end is not there.

I'm a newbie and just installed 2.0.3 so I could be totally wrong but one thing I noticed is when logging in both the username and password are case sensitive. Could this be the problem?

Re: Unable to get past login screen

Hi,
I am facing the same issue.
I tried with a new install
Despite I CHMOD 777 the whole folder with repercussions, the files conf.php and user.txt are created in 644 and when I try to CHMOD in 777, I get the message "Operation not permitted".
I deleted the  files, created new empty ones with the right permissions but after creating my account again, I still have the login form and wrong permissions on the files user.txt and conf.php.
Please, tell me there is a way to fix this.