Topic: Facebook Like Not Updating

I made a typo on a news post and I edited it to correct it after I uploaded it.  The post updates on my website but when I click the Facebook Like button, the content going to Facebook still contains the typo.  The only workaround I found is to delete the post and create a new one without the typo.

This Facebook issue also occurs with images.  I didn't have an image on a post, edited it to add an image and the Facebook Like button does not show the image.

Anything I'm overlooking or is this a bug?

Re: Facebook Like Not Updating

I made a typo on a news post and I edited it to correct it after I uploaded it.  The post updates on my website but when I click the Facebook Like button, the content going to Facebook still contains the typo.  The only workaround I found is to delete the post and create a new one without the typo.

This Facebook issue also occurs with images.  I didn't have an image on a post, edited it to add an image and the Facebook Like button does not show the image.

it is not an error, thats how facebook works. when you share something on there from another site and the site changes the content facebook rarely recognises it and will remember the original post. hope this helps

3 (edited by Buffaloris 2020-05-09 11:35:22)

Re: Facebook Like Not Updating

dchubad wrote:

I made a typo on a news post and I edited it to correct it after I uploaded it.  The post updates on my website but when I click the Facebook Like button, the content going to Facebook still contains the typo.  The only workaround I found is to delete the post and create a new one without the typo. DQFanSurvey

it is not an error, thats how facebook works. when you share something on there from another site and the site changes the content facebook rarely recognises it and will remember the original post. hope this helps

Thank you! This was a big help.