Topic: upgrading to cutenews.2.0.3 from 2.0.2

Issue 1. normally I think you would just upload and overwrite the old files with new version. I can't find any info to verify this and I'm reluctant to wipe out what I have by being careless..any advice
Issue 2. Can you restore news items that have been archive - only talking 3 items

Jim

Re: upgrading to cutenews.2.0.3 from 2.0.2

Issue 1. normally I think you would just upload and overwrite the old files with new version. I can't find any info to verify this and I'm reluctant to wipe out what I have by being careless..any advice
Issue 2. Can you restore news items that have been archive - only talking 3 items

Jim

since I didn't get any reply I thought I'd upload the new version into another folder(very few items of news anyway) but got an error, this is hosted on 123reg

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_FUNCTION in /xxx/xxx/xxx/xx/xx/xx/xxxxx/public_html/franezz/core/core.php on line 300

so I tried on my website, on 1&1 and went straight thru the install proceedure...go figure

Jim

Jim

I couldn't upgrade to 2.0.3 from 2.0.2. Pity as there is supposed to be an important security upgrade in 2.0.3. I had trouble upgrading from 1.4.6 I must have spent a week, waste of time. Support has not responded to my recent posts. You might have different issues to mine in the detail.  If you search the forum using my username you may have something to go on.

I couldn't upgrade to 2.0.3 from 2.0.2. Pity as there is supposed to be an important security upgrade in 2.0.3. I had trouble upgrading from 1.4.6 I must have spent a week, waste of time. Support has not responded to my recent posts. You might have different issues to mine in the detail.  If you search the forum using my username you may have something to go on.

it works for me so

:: install 2.0.3
:: delete the folder:cdata
:: copy the cdata folder from 2.0.2 into 2.0.3

greetings perry

update 2.0.3 . Del. the cdata folder and copy the folder of 2.0.3 to 2.0.2.