1 (edited by 2016-05-25 09:01:00)

Topic: Read FAQ, but still... custom css, how?

I just can't figure this out hmm I want to change how things look in Default.skin.php. I've tried to edit the template in the admin panel, but cannot understand how to refer to an external css-file, which has the styles I want to use.

I've read the FAQ, but I guess at least some parts of the css stuff has changed on the way. Could someone please tell me how to change for example color of links in the templates?

I've tried the following:

<span class="ownlinks">some elements in template</span>

and in default.css

.ownlinks {
color: #000000;
text-decoration: none;
}

All help highly appreciated https://cutephp.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

Re: Read FAQ, but still... custom css, how?

I just can't figure this out hmm I want to change how things look in Default.skin.php. I've tried to edit the template in the admin panel, but cannot understand how to refer to an external css-file, which has the styles I want to use.

I've read the FAQ, but I guess at least some parts of the css stuff has changed on the way. Could someone please tell me how to change for example color of links in the templates?

I've tried the following:

<span class="ownlinks">some elements in template</span>

and in default.css

.ownlinks {
color: #000000;
text-decoration: none;
}

All help highly appreciated https://cutephp.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

Anyone please, this cannot be this complicated. How do you guys use css on your Cutenews installation?

Anyone please, this cannot be this complicated. How do you guys use css on your Cutenews installation?

Hello olliraa!

To edit default.css you have to access the server via FTP and make the editing there.

Best regards,
CN Support team

4 (edited by 2016-05-26 10:17:53)

Hello olliraa!

To edit default.css you have to access the server via FTP and make the editing there.

Of course, but the problem is, the changes don't affect anything. There's something weird happening with the css, could you give me an example how to change the color of the links in active news (show_news.php). The default color is blue and there's also the dreaded underline. How can I change those?

*edit*

It seems that by creating a new php-file, which has inline css and show_news.php included I cand change all the other links but the Count of comments, where the underlining does not go away no mater what.

How is that possible?

Page is valid btw.

Thanks for the reply https://cutephp.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

You can use the CSS editor to customize the appearance of any WordPress.com site. It works by allowing you to add your own CSS styles, which allows you to override the default styles of your Theme. To access the CSS editor, first launch your site customizer then click on the CSS tab to access the CSS editor.

Of course, but the problem is, the changes don't affect anything. There's something weird happening with the css, could you give me an example how to change the color of the links in active news (show_news.php). The default color is blue and there's also the dreaded underline. How can I change those?

*edit*

It seems that by creating a new php-file, which has inline css and show_news.php included I cand change all the other links but the Count of comments, where the underlining does not go away no mater what.

How is that possible?

Page is valid btw.

Thanks for the reply https://cutephp.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

Orilla,

If you want to change color of the links in the admin panel, you have to replace СSS into default.css.
It you want to change the color of links with show_news.php, it can be done by web-master on your site, following these steps:

input into <head> .. </head> :
<link rel="stylesheet" href="<your_css.css>" /> in your html document, where <your_css.css> is the file with your configurations.

Best regards,
CN Support team