Topic: Archives

Having a small issue with archiving. For one the auto-archive didn't work for me, so I manually did it. I can get it to show on a page, and it'll say it only archived what I asked it to, but when you click the link it shows the most recent news with it. How do I make it not show that?

Re: Archives

Having a small issue with archiving. For one the auto-archive didn't work for me, so I manually did it. I can get it to show on a page, and it'll say it only archived what I asked it to, but when you click the link it shows the most recent news with it. How do I make it not show that?

Hello Maroon Caludin,

Could you please tell what CN version do you use?
And also, which link does not work properly? (please enclose the example link, the domain is not necessary).

Thank you.

Best regards,
CN Support team

3 (edited by 2016-07-05 00:33:47)

The most recent version.

Also the link to my archives work. The issue is getting it to show on my site. It shows up fine and everything, but if you click one of the links to the archive it always shows the most recent news with it.

Edit: On further looking it appears to just show all my entries. The code I used to show the archives is:

<?php

include("pathto/cutenews/show_archives.php");

?>

Hello Maroon Caludin,

You can fix this issue in two ways:

- install the following in the core/init.php file: define('CACHE_DISABLE', true); // disable cache

or

- replace this line  $cache_id  = md5(json_encode(array($cfilter, $ufilter, $tag, $nocat, $date_out, $nlpros, $sort, $dir)));   

with the following

$cache_id  = md5(json_encode(array($cfilter, $ufilter, $tag, $nocat, $date_out, $nlpros, $sort, $dir, $source, $archive_id)));

Best regards

Best regards,
CN Support team

Thanks! Worked perfect!

Small issue again. I archived my entries from July and on the main page where the news is under my most recent is news all the way from June. Any idea why its doing that? Or how to fix it?