Topic: Many unsolved problems as new user

Hello

I installed CuteNews 2.0.4 some weeks ago, and tried several times to use it, to no avail.
I read the read.me text and many posts in the forum, but still cannot find the way.

Can you explain, please :
1 - what is the public address of my CuteNews site ? Or where can I specify it ?
> When I enter mysite/CuteNews/example.php, I get the list of created news on the left and a list of administration setting in a right column.
> When I enter mysite/CuteNews/  and I am logged as admin, I get only the dashboard and even if I click on Visit the site, I get back to Dashboard
> When I enter mysite/CuteNews/  and I am not logged, I get only a loggin/register form and cannot make the site really public without being connected.

2 - where can I find the lang files ? I was able to change a dozen lines, but everything else remains in English.

3 - Where can I modify the CSS ? I was not able to find any css file.

4 - Where can I find plugins for version 2+ ? I found only the CKfinder one.

Thank you in advance

Mara

Re: Many unsolved problems as new user

Dear Mara,

1. There is no public adress for CuteNews. There only exists a root that is not accessible by users. This root is where you have installed CuteNews.
   The website is to be made on your own with the help of prepared special php-code pieces (i.e. "includes"). To do this go to the Dashboard and click on the Integration Wizard icon, then set the required display parameters. The resulting code can be included in any php-file where it is needed. When this php-file is accessed, you will be provided with a listing of news according to the set settings.

1.1 mysite/CuteNews/example.php is only for testing purposes. It can be taken as a basis and changed to work with your project.
   1.2 You should set the URL for your site to be able to visit it: Dashboad > System configurations > URL to your site
   1.3 Usually, auhorization is performed separately and is only needed for commenting the news.

2. Localization in CuteNews is based on phrase translation via Dashboard > Localization, there is no unified table of phrases.
3. CSS for CuteNews Dashboard can be found in skins/default.css and rss_style.css, as well as in compact.skin.php or simple.skin.php files.
  You can create CSS for your site yourself in any folder.

4. All plugins can be found in https://cutephp.com/cutenews/plugins.php

Best regards,
CN Support team

Thank you for your quick and expert answer.

Support_Team wrote:

2. Localization in CuteNews is based on phrase translation via Dashboard > Localization, there is no unified table of phrases.

I meet issues when trying to specify French lang strings.
In Dashboard > Localization, I chose FR in the scroll down menu.
In the form below, I enter the English term (presently displayed on my site) in the Phrase field and the French words I want in the Translate field.

Then the list below is completed, but outside the array and in a strange way.
I had entered Nombre de commentaires as a translation of Count of comments and the added line now says :
C530O100C553 Nombre de commentaires

And nothing is changed in my public page : everything stays with the English text.

Did I miss anything ? Is there a tutorial for this language management ?

Thanks (and sorry for the other post earlier today, I was not authorized to delete it, so, I erased the content)

mara wrote:

Is there a tutorial for this language management?

Same question: i want to translate CuteNews but don't find languagefiles.

In order to broadcast Cutenews, you need to go to index.php? Mod = main & opt = locale section of Localization, enter the necessary phrase and translate it.

For example, the phrase "Localization" and its translation.

Best regards,
CN Support team

In order to broadcast Cutenews, you need to go to index.php? Mod = main & opt = locale section of Localization, enter the necessary phrase and translate it.

Best regards,
CN Support team

Best regards,
CN Support team

Best regards,
CN Support team